It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: fog lights = reverse lights?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 pm
Posts: 94
Location: Northern Virginia
So I used to have a problem with Ebay. back in HS i bought

Image

for a car i didn't even own, and never took them out of the box. Never tried to resell them.

I'm wondering, you think they might work as decent reverse lights after i get my rack installed?

If not they are for sale, make me an offer lol.

_________________
04 kj sport
New:
Grille and side paint
tow hooks & strap
CB
Mud
Upcoming:
1. tires and lift
2. armor!
3. rack and lights
4. other mods to fit my style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Those are almost identical to the Hella FF75's I'm using for reverse lights. They aren't bad, and since you have them already I'd stick em on there.

They do however send out a flat broad beam, it stinks in one way: you have to aim them out a good ways or they just draw a stripe on the ground.

They are good in another way, I have them both pointing about 20 degrees outward, and their beam is so wide that I basically light up about 120 degrees of land.

Auxillary backup lights rock. I'll always run some from now on...

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
i like drawing stripes :)



Pictures once/if ya put them on, it's something I need to do too

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:31 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I have some Hella fogs that match my front Hellas on the rack that I will be using, fogs do have a flat pattern but I wanted matching lights so went with these

A great light for reverse lights would be what many call a work light has a broad beam and covers a large area

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:43 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
This is what mine look like. I've got them adjusted really well now, and they work pretty well.

I agree with Tom, if I were to buy new ones I'd specify flood or work lights probably, or maybe use the same shape I have in front (hella FF50). That said, I'm still quite happy with these. It is also nice that they are very low profile, making loading my rack easier than if they were much taller.

Image

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:48 pm
Posts: 371
Location: Cherokee County, Georgia
Image

I have a set of reverse lights on my roof rack
mine have a driving lights and a fog lights in the same housing
they work great

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3009803
2004 Limited (Rescue Jeep) :JEEPIN:
2 1/2 daystar lift 235/70/16
{Electric Stuttertone Emergency Horn}
strobe leds front and rear
2 way VHF radio (kenwood)
westin brush guard+ Hella 500's w/ 100w 3000k bulbs
back seat removed and shelf added
rolled and totaled dec 4 2010..(drunk driver)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com