LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Daystar ComfortRide 2.5"
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45039
Page 1 of 1

Author:  lj0913 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Daystar ComfortRide 2.5"

I have a stock 2004 Sport and I am looking to add the Daystar ComfortRide 2.5" leveling kit. Does anyone have any experience with this kit, if so is it worth doing this?

I don't off-road enough to justify a suspension lift. The 3-4 time I do go a year I wish I had a bit more ground clearance. From DayStar's website this seems like the perfect fit for me but can't find any reviews on it.

Comfortride.
http://www.daystarweb.com/productlisting.php?selMake=Jeep&selModel=KJ+Liberty&selYear=2004&txtPartNo=&search.x=7&search.y=7

Thanks!

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

First how many miles do you have on it. 04 is 5 years old so the springs are already sagging and if you have over 30,000/35,000 miles your springs and shocks need replaced anyways.

Its not about not doing a lot of off roading its about upgrading your suspension to ride and handle better then stock. I like it when people say I don't off road enough to justify a full spring kit, you drive it everyday don't you?

You have to tear the front and rear apart anyways, You should at least replace the shocks all around right? So for the price of two more springs over the cost of the daystar you have a full brand new suspension set up which will ride way better than stock

Sermon over for the day

Rev. Mudd :arrow:

Author:  GeoJeeper [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's a write up about the kit you're referring to.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=26190

Author:  lj0913 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about the day-to-day driving and the overall ride handling - good point! I just hit 38k miles which I was thinking none of that needs to be replaced, but the handling is horrible and when I go over say, speed bumps there's a loud klak coming from the rear and I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the word of the wise - much appreciated.

Author:  lj0913 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks, Geojeeper. I was doing a search in this forum.

Author:  STINGN [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

lj0913 wrote:
Thanks, Geojeeper. I was doing a search in this forum.


i have had the daystar for 5 months nd im switching over to the frankenlift because of sagging

Author:  sandracer [ Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tommudd is right. I replaced my stock springs with about 10,000 miles on the odo. The difference on the street was incredible, especially over speed bumps and drainage dips. If you are doing the shocks and struts too, the cost difference between the spacer lift and the springs is quite small. You defenitely won't regret it.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/