LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Ok Guys I Really Need Help
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45179
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 am ]
Post subject:  Ok Guys I Really Need Help

So I'm in the process of Installing my frankenlift, and as it is supposed to go I had a hell of time getting the clevis back together, to do it strapped the two LCA's together with a ratchet and pulled them down with that. I finally was able to get the clevis back together (Neither Bolt is tight enough to where it's supposed to be) but I cant even come close to getting the spindle back into the UCA. If anyone has any advice or help, please let me know.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Easy................

Place a floor jack 90 degrees to the rotor face,pump jack up and place the lifting pad directly under the LBJ stud and slowly lift the LCA up,this will lift the KJ up also but at that certain point it will start compressing the coil enough to reconnect the upper balljoint/UCA.Just be darn careful if both front wheels are off so as not to tip the KJ off the jack stands.

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:33 am ]
Post subject: 

I started jacking it up like that a bit tonight but it got dark, when i'm messin with those jacks i wanna be able to see what I'm doing. When i ratcheted the LCA's down I didn't have the Anti-sway bar disconnected, could that have messed something up?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:34 am ]
Post subject: 

tumanator wrote:
When i ratcheted the LCA's down I didn't have the Anti-sway bar disconnected, could that have messed something up?
Yes

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:37 am ]
Post subject: 

ok then what should i be looking at?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:00 am ]
Post subject: 

tumanator wrote:
ok then what should i be looking at?
Disconnect swaybar

Author:  beforedawn [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Disconnect swaybar


then smack face with palm :lol:

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:08 am ]
Post subject: 

yea but I'm wondering if something is screwed up, it's sitting right now just extended to where the lifted strut sits in, I didn't extend it any farther than that but I don't know if something could have been dammaged or not.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 am ]
Post subject: 

It will go in just do as Troy stated above
disconnect sway bar ( should of done that in the beginning)
Drivers side will be harder to do than the passenger always is
Jack it up per Troys instructions ( it will work
use rachet straps from the clevis on each arm over to the other side, one strap on the front one on the rear to pull the clevis in to the spot where it bolts up

you do not have to "rachet" the lower control arm "down"

Author:  Drassis [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 am ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
It will go in just do as Troy stated above
disconnect sway bar ( should of done that in the beginning)
Drivers side will be harder to do than the passenger always is
Jack it up per Troys instructions ( it will work
use rachet straps from the clevis on each arm over to the other side, one strap on the front one on the rear to pull the clevis in to the spot where it bolts up

you do not have to "rachet" the lower control arm "down"


Use the Jack to realign everything, we all go thru this. At diffrent angles using the jack you can get every ball joint lined back up...

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:14 am ]
Post subject: 

Also not sure what you did with the top bolts, I always just start the two outside ones a few threads, that lets the springs/strut/clevis able to move around some and get it all aligned, then start the top plate the rest of the way in using the rachet straps on the clevis arms to pull it in to the center, also I never tighten the clevis completely up as you may need to turn it a little one way or another to align the bolt.

Little things you do and never think about after you have done a few

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ok everything's fine, i'm just having a little trouble getting the UCA hooked back together, i got the nut on but i can't tighten it any further without the whole bolt spinning any tips for this one?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

tumanator wrote:
Ok everything's fine, i'm just having a little trouble getting the UCA hooked back together, i got the nut on but i can't tighten it any further without the whole bolt spinning any tips for this one?
Take long prybar and stick inbetween the coil spring and push down on the UCA,while doing this(if enough force is applied) the balljoint stud will not spin(works really well on JBA's UCA's).If using OEM UCA's use a 10mm socket(6 point socket only) to hold bottom of the balljoint stud and use 21mm wrench to tighten the balljoint nut.

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for all the help guys i was finally able to get this to work, couple moans groans and clunks I'm gonna watch proly gonna take all the tires off again after i drive a bit to check all my bolts ect...(what i get for not having air tools) but she's done.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

It will maona nd groan for a few weeks or till you twist it up and break it in, if someone stretched you out that much you would moan as well :wink:

Author:  tumanator [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

lol yep, the only one I'm concerned about is I heard a clunk a couple times, only drove it around the block pretty much but i'll test it out tomorrow and check everything again

Author:  qbracken [ Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:12 am ]
Post subject: 

the absolute next thing you should be doing is getting an alignment..... Yer KJ is actually now in a dangerous driving condition and you could lose control of the vehicle if you need to take any sudden defensive driving actions....

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/