| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| ordered my springs now what for 31s http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60712 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | vincennescrd [ Sun May 15, 2011 8:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | ordered my springs now what for 31s |
I finally got the money to order my ome springs. they say they are 1.5 inch lift. how much more will i need to get 31s on it with a 15x8 wheel |
|
| Author: | irollgen4s [ Sun May 15, 2011 8:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
1 another inch at least. 2 go with 16x7s, you CAN run the 8's but they are much more likely to have rubbing. |
|
| Author: | LibertyCRD [ Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
OME springs actually give 2.5 to 2.75" of lift. As far as fitting 31x10.50s, best thing to do is go with a 15x7 wheel and use 4.25 or 4.50 inches of backspacing. If you do that all the trimming you'll have to do is on the front inner liner behind the bumper. I had to cut mine up pretty bad and they still rub but I can live with it for now. |
|
| Author: | Lima.Charlie [ Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
I just put 31's on 15x8's. Minimal rubbing. When I say minimal, I mean minimal. The 265/70's I ran before on 16's rubbed the front fender well as well. You can't hear it or feel it either way. |
|
| Author: | vincennescrd [ Sun May 15, 2011 11:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
so the ome springs give you 2.5 lift so if i put some isolators in there no prob on 31 |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
With OME you won't "need" the isolators to fit a 31. I put them in for the extra lift, they are cheap enough to why not. |
|
| Author: | Megalos [ Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
I don't think you can really say that the springs give you a "x" amount of lift unless you are going from brand new stock springs to brand new OME springs. I had sagged down to 18" before I added the OME springs and others have reported worse. I have OME springs with one extra rear ISO and a front top plate and I'm running 32's with stock renny rims and 1.5" wheel spacers. I trimmed my front bumper and have no rubbing anywhere so far. Of course, I do have skinny 32's so that will make a difference. |
|
| Author: | RED_KJ_666 [ Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
General Grabber Red Walls, 31x10.5R15 on a Sweet Cragar D-Window wheel. |
|
| Author: | KJ_WHEELER_2010 [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s |
I have the same lift on my KJ. I'm running a tire thats almost 32" with a 16x8 wheel. Looks killer but they rub ALOT. When I get back from Afghanland I'm gonna do alotta triming. I'm not going to a smaller tire though. I dont wanna lift it anymore because I like it sitting somewhat low. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|