| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60911 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Baroncrd05 [ Sat May 28, 2011 12:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
I just ordered my frankenlift from alljs and am shopping for wheels and tires to go with it. All the wheels I like are 16x8 with 4.5" back spacing. I really want to run the 265/75/16. I don't mind cutting the inner fenders and pinch welds. Jeep is a 2005 crd used for daily driving and some off road planning on ouray co and Moab trips in fall. I have seen a couple libs running pro comp wheels w the same specs but all are running 245/75/16. Will my tire wheel combo not work? Or what will it take to work. Thanks in advance |
|
| Author: | WolverineFW [ Sat May 28, 2011 1:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
I doubt you will get that to work on a CRD. The driver side CV shaft is shorter than on a gasser making CV angles severe with enough lift to clear the 265 tires. If you can figure it out with out blowing CV joints, all the power to you. |
|
| Author: | Baroncrd05 [ Sat May 28, 2011 2:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
So no clevis lift and isolator? I thought it was ok as long as down travel was limited with a strap? So best bet is the 245/75/16 still trying to learn thanks |
|
| Author: | RED_KJ_666 [ Sun May 29, 2011 9:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
You should talk to TonyCRD..... |
|
| Author: | 2006 KJ [ Sun May 29, 2011 10:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
they will fit.. it will require a lot of trimming in the front bumper.. and pounding the crap outta the pinch welds. but they will clear. |
|
| Author: | Baroncrd05 [ Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
Do you have the clevis lift also or just plain franky lift? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon May 30, 2011 7:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
He has a gasser so completely different animal than you have |
|
| Author: | Baroncrd05 [ Mon May 30, 2011 9:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
Oh got ya. Thank you all for the advice I will stick with the 245/75/16. Very excited should be here Friday. |
|
| Author: | saltydog [ Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 2005 crd kmc enduro 265/75/16 frankenlift? |
Baroncrd05 wrote: So no clevis lift and isolator? I thought it was ok as long as down travel was limited with a strap? So best bet is the 245/75/16 still trying to learn thanks I run a upper plate and 3 ring clevis on the front of my CRD...but the ARB bumper and Warn winch work as a limiting strap by weighting down the front so much I am running a 245-75-16 and it works great. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|