LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61118
Page 1 of 1

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:22 pm ]
Post subject:  I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

Okay, July is almost here and my Mom will be asking for a Christmas List. I know what your thinking, but she likes to start early. :lol: This year I’m going to put lights on the list. 8) I need some light suggestions that will fit nicely on the ARB bumper.

Image

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

As far as size goes, 6 inch work good, I had some 8s for a while but I thought they looked too big
Lightforce are great lights

Author:  infernicus [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

This is Tommudd's truck from a while back..
These lights are the ProComp 130watt 8inch lights. http://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Pro-Comp ... B000CNBSK6
(Tom, I hope you don't mind me posting a picture of your truck :lol: )
Image

I bought them from him, and I love them. I also like big lights.
If it is possible without getting in the way of the winch, I would bring them slightly inward, I think they sit too close to the bull bar.

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

Infernicus, thanks for the pic. That gives me an idea of what I’m looking at. 8” is too big for my liking, but I’m sure they do a fine job. :wink:

Author:  JL Rockies [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

Depends if you're a serious enthusiast or not.... you probably dont want to scratch that pretty paint job anyway so just go with something that looks the part.

Author:  gtommec [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

I went with the Hella stock Compass Rallye lights (same as the 05+ Renegade/Wrangler units) I chose the Compass ones because I liked the Jeep Covers.

Image

Covers shown on my wifes KJ

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

I think I’ll go with the IPF 968’s. The reviews are top notch, and they seem to be brighter than most competitors.

Dimensions: Round: 7"h x 6.5"w x 3"d
High Impact, Black Resin Body
55W & 100W Halogen Bulbs
Polished, Hardened Glass Lens
Multi Direction Mounting System

Lights with the Solid White Covers
Image

Lights with the Rock/Brush Guard Covers
Image

Lights with the Clear Covers
Image

Author:  RED_KJ_666 [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

6" PIAA Shock Lamps, There Killer and HID
Image

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

These Hellas are about the same size ( 7 inches to top of the light mounted etc) as what you are looking at to give you some reference, not good shots but something to work from anyways
Image
Image

Author:  2006 KJ [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

i think my stock hella renny ones are about the perfect size.. and works great with the winch box. plenty of room without looking too small or crowded
Image

and with some nice yellow bulbs.. they are BRIGHT! (silvania silverstars and nokia or something hyper yellow fogs)

Image
Image
Image

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I need light suggestions for an ARB bumper

Thanks Tom, those look better. I really like the size that Alex is running on his bumper.

Dang, I need some OME CRD coils on my KJ. Your Jeep looks good Alex. :JEEPIN:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/