It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
So they said that she will never stay in aligned b/c of the rack and pinion worm gear is broken.
He put it on the lift and could move it right and left with his hand.
So my Q is... How hard is this to do?
I got the lift done myself, taking 3 days to do it, so can I do this rack and pinion assembly myself?

Best price??? http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2007/jeep/liberty/steering/steering_rack.html

Are these the steps to get it done...http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42379

thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 pm
Posts: 132
Location: NJ
Theres a write up on here with pics somewhere, don't remember where I read it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
finally the old is out!!! only took 6 hours!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
Yeah it's a Beach too get out eh? I just replaced mine before the SAS began, I didn't expected to start on it as fast as I did or I would have never gone through the Hassle myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:51 pm
Posts: 425
Location: Buckeye, AZ
Sweet. I'm going to be doing this Tuesday or Wednesday. This saves me the search looking for the how to! :BANANA:

_________________
Image Get Out. Eject. Escape from the prison planet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rack and Pinion...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
any trick to installing the new one? can't get the steering part to go in through the little hole in the pass wheelwell


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com