| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rack and Pinion... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61129 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | riptricket [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rack and Pinion... |
So they said that she will never stay in aligned b/c of the rack and pinion worm gear is broken. He put it on the lift and could move it right and left with his hand. So my Q is... How hard is this to do? I got the lift done myself, taking 3 days to do it, so can I do this rack and pinion assembly myself? Best price??? http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2007/jeep/liberty/steering/steering_rack.html Are these the steps to get it done...http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42379 thanks. |
|
| Author: | jimjeep0 [ Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rack and Pinion... |
Theres a write up on here with pics somewhere, don't remember where I read it. |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rack and Pinion... |
finally the old is out!!! only took 6 hours!!! |
|
| Author: | RED_KJ_666 [ Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rack and Pinion... |
Yeah it's a Beach too get out eh? I just replaced mine before the SAS began, I didn't expected to start on it as fast as I did or I would have never gone through the Hassle myself. |
|
| Author: | eyehatetofu [ Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rack and Pinion... |
Sweet. I'm going to be doing this Tuesday or Wednesday. This saves me the search looking for the how to!
|
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rack and Pinion... |
any trick to installing the new one? can't get the steering part to go in through the little hole in the pass wheelwell |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|