It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Vincennes indiana
I finally got the money to order my ome springs. they say they are 1.5 inch lift. how much more will i need to get 31s on it with a 15x8 wheel

_________________
2006 crd
Orm and ehm
Straight pipe and filter box mods
Ome lift with 31x10.50 tires and 15x10 wheels
Bedlined flares and rockers
Tj custom bumper mod
Scorpion diesel tuner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Posts: 552
Location: Long Island
1 another inch at least. 2 go with 16x7s, you CAN run the 8's but they are much more likely to have rubbing.

_________________
06 CRD limited
Frankenlift, JBA 1/4 top plate, 3 clevis rings, 3 stacked iso's
JBA UCA and quick disconnects
Procomp rockkrawlr 16x8 4.25bs with 265-70-65 General Grabber AT2's
Mopar full skid plates, JCR stage 3 Rock Rails
Kenwood HU, 6.5 pioneer marine grade door speakers, JL stealthbox kenwood amp
GDE HOT tune
Soon to come
RL Rock monitor bumper


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:23 am
Posts: 2121
Location: Kentucky, USA
OME springs actually give 2.5 to 2.75" of lift. As far as fitting 31x10.50s, best thing to do is go with a 15x7 wheel and use 4.25 or 4.50 inches of backspacing. If you do that all the trimming you'll have to do is on the front inner liner behind the bumper. I had to cut mine up pretty bad and they still rub but I can live with it for now.

_________________

2005 Stone White KJ Limited CRD 4x4
Off-Road Pkg
Trac-Lok
Emu 790s/948s
Skyjacker H7088s rear/Bilsteins front
15x7 Black Rock Lobos/31x10.50 Firestones
GDE HOT Tune + TCM Tune
Euro TC
CB radio
Thrush Turbo muffler
AEM DryFlow filter


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:02 am
Posts: 374
I just put 31's on 15x8's. Minimal rubbing. When I say minimal, I mean minimal. The 265/70's I ran before on 16's rubbed the front fender well as well. You can't hear it or feel it either way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:33 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Vincennes indiana
so the ome springs give you 2.5 lift so if i put some isolators in there no prob on 31

_________________
2006 crd
Orm and ehm
Straight pipe and filter box mods
Ome lift with 31x10.50 tires and 15x10 wheels
Bedlined flares and rockers
Tj custom bumper mod
Scorpion diesel tuner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
With OME you won't "need" the isolators to fit a 31. I put them in for the extra lift, they are cheap enough to why not.

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:07 am
Posts: 754
Location: Reynoldsburg, Ohio
I don't think you can really say that the springs give you a "x" amount of lift unless you are going from brand new stock springs to brand new OME springs. I had sagged down to 18" before I added the OME springs and others have reported worse.

I have OME springs with one extra rear ISO and a front top plate and I'm running 32's with stock renny rims and 1.5" wheel spacers. I trimmed my front bumper and have no rubbing anywhere so far. Of course, I do have skinny 32's so that will make a difference.

_________________
'05 Renny 6 speed
OME/Bilsteins, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, Husky Liners all around, Gutter Guarded Grill, 1 ISO each side rear, Boilers top shims front. And a whole list of things yet to do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 am
Posts: 824
Location: Canada
General Grabber Red Walls, 31x10.5R15 on a Sweet Cragar D-Window wheel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ordered my springs now what for 31s
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:07 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:14 pm
Posts: 587
Location: Trenton, MO
I have the same lift on my KJ. I'm running a tire thats almost 32" with a 16x8 wheel. Looks killer but they rub ALOT. When I get back from Afghanland I'm gonna do alotta triming. I'm not going to a smaller tire though. I dont wanna lift it anymore because I like it sitting somewhat low.

_________________
2005 Jeep Liberty.....SOLD =(

1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ





http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3897619/2005-jeep-liberty-sport-sport-utility-4d


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com