| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Decrease in Flex? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6697 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | recon [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Decrease in Flex? |
Will a Spacer lift kit decrease the flex in the front end? Thanks for the help ( Rustys 2.5 Spacer Lift ) vs ( Rustys complete suspension) |
|
| Author: | Troysterr [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
No, Rusty's spacer lift is a spacer that fits on top of the strut assembly, so you retain full range of motion...but PLEASE OH PLEASE don't buy that lift! It may seem cheap now, but you'll pay for it someday when you have to replace...well, lots of stuff. The best deal for a lowered KJ IMO is still Rusty's coil lift (get it without the shocks and buy Rancho 17004's instead). You really don't want an OTT lift, whether it's from Rusty or RRO. If you want to go cheap, go with the RRO Combo lift. I have it and love it (although I'm pre-lowered). |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Plus, it is a pain in the butt to install. I would tend to agree with Troy. Save your money and wait for the Rusty's Coil lift. You'll be glad you did. |
|
| Author: | JeepJunky33 [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Why are you so anti - spacer lift? I have the spacer lift and I love it so far. I am working on saving up to get a full coil lift but when I needed a lift it really did the job. For price and performance it's a great deal. |
|
| Author: | FL RENNY [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've gotta back my boy JeepJunky. LOVING THE RRO OTT LOl I got your back kid |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Troysterr, Krazz1e and myself just spent half of the day on Saturday attempting to install my Rusty's OTT spacer lift. Needless to say by the end of the day we gave up and put the front suspension back together again having accomplished nothing. I just want to get my lift on, no matter which one it is! I am by no means an expert on any of this, but from what I understand, people have reported more suspension problems while using spacer lifts vs. using coil lifts like Rusty's, Frankenlift, etc. Which spacer kit did you guys get? |
|
| Author: | krazz1e [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
pos, pos, pos.. buy the rro COMBO KIT for just a tad bit more, NOT the OTT. Thank us later. |
|
| Author: | JeepJunky33 [ Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah the rusty spacer lift is a pain to install (I actually had to have my mech. do it) but once it's in it performs with the best of them. or at least for my light off-roading trail needs. My mech said it's a good lift and should serve me well. But if someone has other opinions I am all ears... |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The OTT* style lifts (Rocky Road's OTT and Rusty's upper spacer) put the mounting of the strut at an angle that is not the same as the angle of motion for the strut (imagine taking a telescoping radio antenna and expanding and collapsing it while bending a curve into it.) This puts a lot of wear and tear on the strut, causing it to wear out quickly. Most people from here that have used OTT lifts end up with the ride of an old Caddilac after about 6 months to a year. At least one person had a set of tires damaged due to the Rocky Road OTT (I don't recall the exact circumstances, but I remember that it was obvious at the time that the lift was at fault.) * OTT is actually a trademark of Rocky Road Outfitters, but the Rusty's spacer lift is exactly the same. |
|
| Author: | Edwin [ Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I like the OME HD with Ranchos all around. Real close in price to Rusty's, and you don't have to mess with those Rusty's shocks. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|