| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Chain Jingle Sound While Driving http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75605 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | HedsIc [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
I posted this over on JeepKJ so I apologize if it's repetative. I have this weird jingling sound. It's not just coming from just one side but from both the passenger front and driver front side. It's like an oscillating chain jingle sound. I cannot hear it at all driving unless I'm near a median or curb and the sound bounces off. It started pretty subtle but it appears to be getting louder. I recently got the rotors and pads replaced about a month and a half/2 months ago. Could this be an issue with that? Or does it sound like it may be something else? I'm still learning as I go so I don't even really know what to look for if I get down there to look. If it helps I'll try to get a video taken of it. Not sure if I can or if it will just sound like wind blowing but I'll try. |
|
| Author: | John3:17 [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Front drive shaft cv joint There's other articles on here dealing with this and its replacement. Part can be bought online for about $60 vs about $175 at napa. |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
John3:17 wrote: Front drive shaft cv joint There's other articles on here dealing with this and its replacement. Part can be bought online for about $60 vs about $175 at napa. I assume this is what I am looking for? How do I tell if it needs replaced? The black boot seems all there. Is this what I'm looking for? And if so what should I look at to see if it is the cause? I've read to check if the black boot is ripped.
|
|
| Author: | John3:17 [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Check other end at transfer case |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
John3:17 wrote: Check other end at transfer case Yikes! Safe to say I found the issue lol time to search how-to's ![]()
|
|
| Author: | infernicus [ Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Exactly the sound mine made, and how I described it. Mine looked the same way too. Here is all the info you need. Good luck. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=56917&start=0 |
|
| Author: | dude1116 [ Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
So familiar...
|
|
| Author: | 4x4bullet [ Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Hey fellas great write up my question is I'm having a sound also when I drive from like 20 mph up its makes a vibrating sound then goes away when I slow down back to 20mph to stop it does it again for a split second could this be my transfer case head going bad also? |
|
| Author: | JIMMY JEEP [ Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Does the 2.8 crd use the same inner cv part as the petrol versions ? Think your description of fault may be what I'm experiencing , will get under jeep I'm next couple of days , seen some cv 's on eBay and want to be sure it will fit my crd. Thanks |
|
| Author: | JIMMY JEEP [ Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Popped under jeep earlier , and mine is shot too. |
|
| Author: | JIMMY JEEP [ Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Fitted a new cv joint today , old one was shot with lots of play and not a lot of grease left. Wasn't too bad of a job , more fiddly than anything else. |
|
| Author: | sooty [ Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Got something very similar only under acceleration from about 40km/h up, then when I take my foot off the gas the sound stops. CV joint symptom? |
|
| Author: | Arkie [ Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Chain Jingle Sound While Driving |
Had a customer in last week with the same issue. When he called he said bad CV axle. When we got it on a lift it was the driveshaft. Quite a lot of difference in price, axle about $60, drive shaft bumping $400! Easy enough to install, bolted in place on both ends and plenty of room to slide it out. Bob |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|