| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75906 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Dent [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
I am going to go with either the Tommudd 3.5" econolift, or the JBA bronze 4" lift. The JBA is double the price of the Tommudd kit, $2800 vs $1400. I can get a friend to machine the CVs. Is the JBA kit worth twice the money? This will be my daily driver and I will take it offroad in the front range of the Rockies. Nothing too crazy, mostly old mining roads and pretty tame trails for now. Any thoughts? |
|
| Author: | DirtyKK [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
Let me tell you how many times Ive adjusted my JBA front suspension.... 0. Save the money and get the "econo lift." |
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
I agree with Dirty, I have 2 inch adjustable's never have changed them. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
Trying to compare apples to sweet potato's is very hard to do. Comparing the above two lifts is the same way Both give you lift but are different Is one worth more than the other? Depends on how you look at it, where you are heading with the build Either works great, one is just more refined As far as cut CVs , in 165,000 lifted miles haven't needed them yet but if you want the ultimate |
|
| Author: | bshooter [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
I have adjusted my JBA lift a number of times. I have also lowered the lift completely for removal and cleaning. I have raised my lift for larger tires, an ARB bumper and a Wench . However the price of these lifts has increased since I bought mine. The JBA A-just-alift is the bargain lift in my book, 2.5 to 4". Buy what ever springs and shocks you want for the rear. Add stuff as you go. I like options. Tom puts together a a good lift. Take it to the bank it will work. JBA is what I can base my experiences on and it has been good. bshooter.
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
bshooter wrote: I have adjusted my JBA lift a number of times. I have also lowered the lift completely for removal and cleaning. I have raised my lift for larger tires, an ARB bumper and a Wench . However the price of these lifts has increased since I bought mine. The JBA A-just-alift is the bargain lift in my book, 2.5 to 4". Buy what ever springs and shocks you want for the rear. Add stuff as you go. I like options. Tom puts together a a good lift. Take it to the bank it will work. JBA is what I can base my experiences on and it has been good. bshooter.JBA puts together good lift's, not me |
|
| Author: | Dent [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
My Liberty is not going to be an extreme offroad vehicle, and it will be my daily driver. I like the claims about the ride quality on the JBA, and I might add steel bumpers in the future. Will the lifted jeep with the Econo-lift (Tommudd's) suffer in ride quality compared to the JBA? I also understand that there are reasons why the JBA costs more than the Econo-lift, I just don't know what the reasons are. As for comparing the two, I am trying to determine which fits better in my budget, application, and expectations. The whole apples/oranges cliches are silly. Everyone knows apples are for pies and oranges are for juice. If two things are the same, there is no reason to compare them, they are the same. It's when things are different that comparisons result to a choice, gaining some things and sacrificing others. So I appreciate hearing experiences and opinions on both kits. |
|
| Author: | TheBlueKJ [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
Dent wrote: My Liberty is not going to be an extreme offroad vehicle, and it will be my daily driver. I like the claims about the ride quality on the JBA, and I might add steel bumpers in the future. Will the lifted jeep with the Econo-lift (Tommudd's) suffer in ride quality compared to the JBA? I also understand that there are reasons why the JBA costs more than the Econo-lift, I just don't know what the reasons are. As for comparing the two, I am trying to determine which fits better in my budget, application, and expectations. The whole apples/oranges cliches are silly. Everyone knows apples are for pies and oranges are for juice. If two things are the same, there is no reason to compare them, they are the same. It's when things are different that comparisons result to a choice, gaining some things and sacrificing others. So I appreciate hearing experiences and opinions on both kits. They ARE different. The front coilovers are not the same, they are adjustable while on the vehicle whereas the Ironman's are regular springs and shocks (which is what is in the Tommudd's) are not. You would have to take out the shock tower and add or remove to adjust the height which is what everyone who doesn't have the JBA coilovers has to do. |
|
| Author: | DirtyKK [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
JBAs luxury ride is marketing hype |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
Dent wrote: My Liberty is not going to be an extreme offroad vehicle, and it will be my daily driver. I like the claims about the ride quality on the JBA, and I might add steel bumpers in the future. Will the lifted jeep with the Econo-lift (Tommudd's) suffer in ride quality compared to the JBA? I also understand that there are reasons why the JBA costs more than the Econo-lift, I just don't know what the reasons are. As for comparing the two, I am trying to determine which fits better in my budget, application, and expectations. The whole apples/oranges cliches are silly. Everyone knows apples are for pies and oranges are for juice. If two things are the same, there is no reason to compare them, they are the same. It's when things are different that comparisons result to a choice, gaining some things and sacrificing others. So I appreciate hearing experiences and opinions on both kits. Having ran a couple different full coil lift sit at over 4 inches of lift for over 150,000 miles, then the Coilover there are differences of course . As far as ride some will be able to tell some won't. Know from experience some wouldn't know if they were riding in a Mercedes or a buck board. As far as only being street driven/DD I assume you'd like to have a good ride all the time right? |
|
| Author: | Dent [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
Right Tom, I would like to keep a decent ride, but I have driven many different cars for DDs from a Jeep Cherokee that rides really rough compared to a Mercedes sedan. The Liberty is certainly no Mercedes, but it's much smoother and handles better than my Cherokee. I will be taking the Liberty offroad, but mostly on well beaten trails. I have had it offroad in stock configuration, but even taking is slow, I sometimes bottom out on trails rated 2-3 on traildamage.com. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
And with even a full OME spring lift it will ride 20 times better than stock ( or 35 times better than a XJ, yes owned 3 so know how they rode) As far as a Mercedes, never owned anything that had to be transported here. Of course there is a Toyota in Tanzania but that's a different case
|
|
| Author: | musclezmarinara [ Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
tommudd wrote: And with even a full OME spring lift it will ride 20 times better than stock ( or 35 times better than a XJ, yes owned 3 so know how they rode) As far as a Mercedes, never owned anything that had to be transported here. Of course there is a Toyota in Tanzania but that's a different case ![]() I can attest the OME SPRINGS and bilstein shocks are a huge difference over stock I'm at almost 3" with my lift and loving everything on my Kk |
|
| Author: | lfhoward [ Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift kit Tommudd vs. JBA 4" |
I have the 4 inch JBA, which I got used from a LOST member who sold his jeep... The ride is much better than stock on the street and offroad it is great. I have been wheeling it for the last 6 weeks in the PA mountains on gated forest roads and bulldozed firebreaks (forest ecologist, so it's my job). I haven't bottomed out yet and it handles rough terrain extremely well. I couldn't be happier. As for adjusting the ride height back up, I have done that once to compensate for a little bit of extra weight (ATH's front recovery system) and about 1/2 inch of sag as the front springs settled in. I now have nearly 10K on it. I'm running 21-1/2 up front and 22 inches rear (center of the wheel to fender flare). |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|