| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| spring measurements http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75912 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Brianawd [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | spring measurements |
Looking to see if anyone has a stock spring they could measure for me. I'm looking for the ID and OD. Also looking for the length. Also looking for the front strut diameter. IE 2in body or 2.5in |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: spring measurements |
Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available |
|
| Author: | Brianawd [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: spring measurements |
tommudd wrote: Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available I'm building my own coilover setup for the front using bilstein coil over sleves. Thats if the shock bodys are indeed 2in. If that is the case, then I can order springs from eshocks in the rate I need for the amount of lift I want. Along with the coilover sleves and shocks. Just planning on using If that will not work I'm just going build by own coilovers using 6100s |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: spring measurements |
If trying to build your own then go with whatever size you want |
|
| Author: | Cardhu [ Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: spring measurements |
Brianawd wrote: tommudd wrote: Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available I'm building my own coilover setup for the front using bilstein coil over sleves. Thats if the shock bodys are indeed 2in. If that is the case, then I can order springs from eshocks in the rate I need for the amount of lift I want. Along with the coilover sleves and shocks. Just planning on using If that will not work I'm just going build by own coilovers using 6100s Assembled they are about that tall with the 0.25" top plate seen below the nuts. all are 2 inches diameter at the clevis as tom mentioned. old stock spring is next to it. The red mark is 16 inches and is approximately the total length of a new never installed set of bilsteins with ome 927's. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|