| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=75958 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | The Big Boulonnais [ Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Hi guys, I am stuck on a camp site on holiday miles away from home and I found out that my indicators (also called turning lamps by some) are not working any more. After investigation I found out that Fuse 39 had blown. It protects the indicators but also the rear white reverse lamp. I replaced it by same model mini blade 10 A but it blew straight away. I tried without touching the indicators switch but by just turning the ignition to On and it blew Fuse 39 again. I am out of ideas but I can tell there is a short somewhere but can't find where and I'm not supposed to drive like that as it's illegal. Any one who has experienced the same problem or have a good idea of what could be the cause could you please help me? Many thanks, Chris |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Start by checking all involved bulbs and their sockets. Any filaments crossed? Any char marks in the sockets? |
|
| Author: | TheJawsOfDeath [ Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Do you have trailer light wiring or is it hooked up to a trailer right now? If so try disconnecting it and install a new fuse. |
|
| Author: | The Big Boulonnais [ Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Hi guys, Thanks for your replies but I forgot to mention earlier that all the indicators lights work when I press the Hazard switch so I don't think it is necessary to check all sockets. I have no trailer and not even a trailer socket connected. What happened is that I had a cool box connected to the rear cigarette lighter Friday on my way to camp site and I forgot to unplug it overnight so Saturday morning my main Battery was flat. My KJ has an auxiliary Battery properly wired via relay by a professional. This battery is only there for my roof LEDs spot lights and just in case the main battery lets me down. So Saturday morning I had to turn a rotative switch to get the starter motor connected to battery 2 (auxiliary) instead of battery 1 (main). I started the car then turned the switch back to battery 1 so when driving the main battery gets recharged and the auxiliary takes the charge only when the main one is 95% full via a relay. Like I said earlier this set up might seem dodgy to some of you but it was fitted by a professional 6 months ago and is commonly used by people with caravans or camper vans. I welcome your suggestions. Cheers, Chris |
|
| Author: | fortx4 KJ [ Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Try swaping batteries (good battery in tray 1) and replace the fuse and see if that works. Are there any relays or fuses for additional battery? |
|
| Author: | Vajeepinkj [ Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
I had that same issue ended up being a wire harness near front drive shaft was rubbing up against it and caused the wires to go bear electrical taped it real good and relocated it problem fixed 03 renegade |
|
| Author: | The Big Boulonnais [ Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Vajeepinkj wrote: I had that same issue ended up being a wire harness near front drive shaft was rubbing up against it and caused the wires to go bear electrical taped it real good and relocated it problem fixed 03 renegade Thanks for that but I just checked every wire harnesses that I can see from under the body or from the engine compartment and nothing seems damaged. Chris |
|
| Author: | mightybeet [ Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
Vajeepinkj wrote: I had that same issue ended up being a wire harness near front drive shaft was rubbing up against it and caused the wires to go bear electrical taped it real good and relocated it problem fixed 03 renegade funny... i had the exact same thing to me and just posted in another forum. |
|
| Author: | Vajeepinkj [ Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Help required Fuse 39 keeps blowing |
mightybeet wrote: Vajeepinkj wrote: I had that same issue ended up being a wire harness near front drive shaft was rubbing up against it and caused the wires to go bear electrical taped it real good and relocated it problem fixed 03 renegade funny... i had the exact same thing to me and just posted in another forum. Yea took me a min to fine it first I undid the trailer harness and then finally found that 03 renegade |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|