| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| KJ running hot? Crackling noise after driving. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76017 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | pdizz [ Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | KJ running hot? Crackling noise after driving. |
I've only owned my 06 KJ for a few months so I don't know if this is normal or not. After driving, when I'm parked, I hear a pinging, crackling noise like metal cooling. Sounds like it's coming from the back somewhere, not sure exactly where. Is this normal cooling/settling noise or should I have it checked out? |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ running hot? Crackling noise after driving. |
Normal exhaust noises,just think at full operating temps your cats are at or above 1200 degrees inside. |
|
| Author: | mdoffroad [ Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ running hot? Crackling noise after driving. |
sounds like metal going through its heat cycle, muffler, pipe, cat, shield somewhere... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|