LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=76048
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeepin'WNC [ Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 am ]
Post subject:  4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....

My Jeep is a '05 Renegade with the 3.7, NP242 & 42rle, with 3.73 gearing. I recently towed a friends boat to the lake; the boat is just a little 16' fiberglass fish n ski; the boat and motor weighs 1900 lbs. My KJ is gettin' rather heavy; ARB with SuperWinch TigerShark, JCR stage III sliders, 15x7 steel wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 31x10.50's load range C.... Where I live is rather mountainous, and the KJ really seemed to struggle with towing the boat. Towing was done with OD off, of course. I'm finding lots of conflicting info on re-gearing the Liberty's front diff; people having to order several different ring and pinion sets before finding a set that works; some that are saying the only way they made it work was with a complete front diff from a 4 cylinder liberty.... I very seriously doubt that DC made a different diff housing just for the 4 cylinder Libertys... I see lots of people here with 4.10's I want to know what works, and what doesn't. Thanks, Casey

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....

Not sure where you are reading about conflicting reports at and people ordering several sets but its simply ordering for the D30a. Dana-Spicer made them and is the only ones that made them. Confusion could be that some just simply don't know what they are doing and order for a D30. There is a difference.
You can find a front diff out of a 4 cylinder OR just buy the gears from a reputable dealer that knows the difference.
Heck I even have a spare set in stock here so they're not hard to find.
But you don't need a complete front diff, whoever is saying that simply doesn't know what they are talking about. So much misinformation out there on the Web anymore

Oh one place where several people have bought from since they do know what they are talking about and have good prices is Trail Quest in Plain City, Ohio . Talk to them they seemed to have some in stock as well or could get in a few days. Great place to deal with

Author:  Jeepin'WNC [ Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....

Thanks Tom!

Author:  Shannon [ Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....

I'm wondering if I regear to 4:10 will my speedo still be accurate? It's only if you change tire size that the speedometer is incorrect, right?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 4.10's in front dana 30a someone school me....

Shannon wrote:
I'm wondering if I regear to 4:10 will my speedo still be accurate? It's only if you change tire size that the speedometer is incorrect, right?

Yes the tire size only effects the speedo,the gear ratio does not.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/