It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: spring measurements
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 130
Looking to see if anyone has a stock spring they could measure for me. I'm looking for the ID and OD. Also looking for the length. Also looking for the front strut diameter. IE 2in body or 2.5in

_________________
05 Liberty CRD DD/ski slut
Lifted,hottune,Full exhaust
05 Mitsubish evolution SSL
450awhp/400awtq autocross slut


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: spring measurements
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:06 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily
Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged
If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: spring measurements
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm
Posts: 130
tommudd wrote:
Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily
Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged
If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available


I'm building my own coilover setup for the front using bilstein coil over sleves. Thats if the shock bodys are indeed 2in.
If that is the case, then I can order springs from eshocks in the rate I need for the amount of lift I want. Along with the coilover sleves and shocks. Just planning on using

If that will not work I'm just going build by own coilovers using 6100s

_________________
05 Liberty CRD DD/ski slut
Lifted,hottune,Full exhaust
05 Mitsubish evolution SSL
450awhp/400awtq autocross slut


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: spring measurements
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
If trying to build your own then go with whatever size you want

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: spring measurements
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:54 am
Posts: 17
Location: MB, CAN
Brianawd wrote:
tommudd wrote:
Front shocks are under 2 inches, not sure of exact but 2 inch conduit nut fits over easily
Anyone measuring the stock springs I assume you want new length, most would have used ones that are sagged
If you'd tell more of what you are looking to do then more help would be available


I'm building my own coilover setup for the front using bilstein coil over sleves. Thats if the shock bodys are indeed 2in.
If that is the case, then I can order springs from eshocks in the rate I need for the amount of lift I want. Along with the coilover sleves and shocks. Just planning on using

If that will not work I'm just going build by own coilovers using 6100s


Image

Assembled they are about that tall with the 0.25" top plate seen below the nuts. all are 2 inches diameter at the clevis as tom mentioned. old stock spring is next to it. The red mark is 16 inches and is approximately the total length of a new never installed set of bilsteins with ome 927's.

_________________
07 KJ Sport
OME 927-948 / Bilstein 916-702 / 0.25" JBA Plates / Rear Iso / JBA 4.5 UCA / Mamba MR-1 / 245 75 16 Duratracs / Mopar Skids / Curt Hitch


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com