| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78178 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Mountainman [ Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts |
Well, so after pressing in the new lca/clevis bushing, when I go to bolt it back up, I have to flex the strut assembly/clevis to the side about 1/4 - 3/8". Is this ok, or do I need to seat the bushing a little deeper so that there is zero misalignment? The OME spring easily moves that much and the clevis goes over the bushing with not much pressure at all. I have the bushing within 1/8" of where it was stock (and oh what a total they were to remove!).Thanks for any guidance! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts |
Sounds like you need to get the bushing more centered Anyway to throw a picture up to make sure? |
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts |
Definately, I won't be back to her until this evening, but I'll get a pic up by tomorrow. Thanks Tom |
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts |
If anyone has a chance to meassure how far a factory installed bushing sticks out to the left and right as you look at it, I'd greatly appreciate it. The ones I removed were pretty mangled, and I didn't measure them first
|
|
| Author: | Mountainman [ Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Front Spring/Clevis Alignment help; Lift Experts |
Well, I'm going to have wait until my wife can help me get pics posted on the picture file thingy
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|