| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Ok which is it? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=78325 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jeeper4life [ Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Ok which is it? |
I've got a small trans leak, just need to replace the pan seal. For the time being I have just been keeping an eye on it (its a really slow leak) However on the dip stick of the transmission it says to check the fluid with the vehicle at operating temp and the trans sitting idle in neutral. My owners manual says the same but to have the trans in park. Which is it, so I can get an accurate reading? Its an 04 with a 3.7L if that matters.. |
|
| Author: | 02blue [ Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
Park is fine. |
|
| Author: | MoD [ Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
I've always done park... |
|
| Author: | streetglideok [ Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
If the trans dipstick says neutral, then use that. In the past on Chrysler trannys, I've seen it make a decent amount of difference in fluid level. |
|
| Author: | Jeeper4life [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
streetglideok wrote: If the trans dipstick says neutral, then use that. In the past on Chrysler trannys, I've seen it make a decent amount of difference in fluid level. Yeah I know in order to get the right fluid level out of my TJ (30RH) the trans has to be in neutral. It was just odd to me that the owners manual says one thing and the dip stick says another. |
|
| Author: | 02blue [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
I just had to try it so I did it both ways today and no difference. My dipstick says neutral too and I never saw it until this thread made me look. In the future I will probably check it in neutral. Just make sure your ebrake works well |
|
| Author: | Jeeper4life [ Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Ok which is it? |
It doesn't so a block of wood behind one of the tires is my e-brake! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|