| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wheel Alignment http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=80029 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | icarl [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wheel Alignment |
Took my kj to a wheel shop for new tires and alignment. They told me they could not do the alignment because it is lifted and they only have tools for stock. Does this make sense? I have al's a-arms also. |
|
| Author: | JeepMorrison [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
Thats all b.s. its the same tools and with the jba arms its the same specs. Tell them set the camber and let the caster fall where it lands. Then your set. But go somewhere else.... Sent with the power of children's screams!!! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
icarl wrote: Took my kj to a wheel shop for new tires and alignment. They told me they could not do the alignment because it is lifted and they only have tools for stock. Does this make sense? I have al's a-arms also. I needed a good laugh this morning! Like mentioned it takes the same tools etc If they start the same line at the next place ....RUN |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
When I got my lift on the KJ I tried to go in to the Firestone Express place to get it aligned. I was told I had to purchase a special part to use and it couldn't be aligned without it. I think they wanted $100 or more for the part. I could be off on the price but it was a lot. After I said no they proceeded to charge me $35 or whatever for putting it on the lift and then taking it off the lift. They just called it a service charge. I said I wasn't paying it since they didn't do anything and they said they wasn't giving the Jeep back so I paid it.. Went down the road and had it aligned without a single issue. I've heard others have issues similar to that at places too. Not sure why some places are like that. |
|
| Author: | VAhlene [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
HedsIc wrote: When I got my lift on the KJ I tried to go in to the Firestone Express place to get it aligned. I was told I had to purchase a special part to use and it couldn't be aligned without it. I think they wanted $100 or more for the part. I could be off on the price but it was a lot. After I said no they proceeded to charge me $35 or whatever for putting it on the lift and then taking it off the lift. They just called it a service charge. I said I wasn't paying it since they didn't do anything and they said they wasn't giving the Jeep back so I paid it.. Went down the road and had it aligned without a single issue. I've heard others have issues similar to that at places too. Not sure why some places are like that. That's crazy man!! I would be fumming if that happened to me!! |
|
| Author: | HedsIc [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
They also freaked out and told me that my rear Billstein shocks where installed upside down.. You know, the shocks that can be installed either way.. That where installed with the logo right side up even lol |
|
| Author: | JeepMorrison [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
HedsIc wrote: When I got my lift on the KJ I tried to go in to the Firestone Express place to get it aligned. I was told I had to purchase a special part to use and it couldn't be aligned without it. I think they wanted $100 or more for the part. I could be off on the price but it was a lot. After I said no they proceeded to charge me $35 or whatever for putting it on the lift and then taking it off the lift. They just called it a service charge. I said I wasn't paying it since they didn't do anything and they said they wasn't giving the Jeep back so I paid it.. Went down the road and had it aligned without a single issue. I've heard others have issues similar to that at places too. Not sure why some places are like that. So how did you get your Jeep back? Did you pay? Sent with the power of children's screams!!! |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
Right before the ... , he says "I paid it" |
|
| Author: | JeepMorrison [ Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
Leeann wrote: Right before the ... , he says "I paid it" I see it now...lol. guess I need my glasses checked Sent with the power of children's screams!!! |
|
| Author: | The_dealer [ Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
After my lift I used a shop 3 separate times for my alignment. I didnt think anything of the weird handling, I knew I had some worn out parts. When I got to the point where everything suspension/steering was new, I got skeptical. Went to the guys my dad takes his lifted stuff to, and realized the first shop was a toe & go type place. I'm saying this because you gotta be careful when choosing an alignment shop. I've also never been a fan of those big brand places either, most of their techs don't know their booty from their elbow. Make sure you get a printout wherever you go. There's way too many dishonest people in this world these days |
|
| Author: | Brother [ Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
I don't want to mention any names but Big-o-tire (whoops) faked the alignment on mine and said it was all they could do. Big O is a horrible place. I took it to a local tire shop and they did it just fine the local shop owner even loaned me a courtesy car for a couple hours. |
|
| Author: | jrsavoie [ Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wheel Alignment |
I was told my Jeep was aligned. within 4000 miles the insides of the front tires were wearing in a terrible way. Found out the LCA bushings were froze on the bolts. There's no way an alignment had been done |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|