It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: ABS brake light on and brakes grating & pulsing.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:33 pm
Posts: 1
2004 Jeep Cherokee KJ, 2.8l diesel, auto (2005 Jeep Liberty in US). I have recently replaced my front hubs/bearing, new brake rotors and pads. I did not replace the ABS wiring supplied with the new hubs I used the old wiring. When I first start to drive the ABS light is OFF although I have a grating/slight pulsing sensation from the front when braking, and firm pressure is required on the pedal. After awhile the ABS light comes ON and the brakes work fine. All the wire leads look OK. One of the reasons I didn't change the ABS leads is I couldn't find where the terminal was for the left front wheel (the car is right hand drive) it is a mass of hoses & pipes. I found the right had terminal easily.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com