It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:08 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 am
Posts: 96
Hey guys, i recall seeing this around a month or two ago, but i cant seem to find it anywhere now, im in canada so im going to try and order the springs and shocks from ouipack.com, ill be ordering the bump stops and clevis spacer from jba, my questions are:
What are the part numbers for the springs and long travel rear shocks?
Do i need the ylink extension and jba uca for sure?
Is there a longer rear spring i can use ie 4" or should i just use isolators and if so how big should they be?

Thanks in advance!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:04 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Front springs are Ironman so not sure you can get them from anyone up there
Why not do OME all around?
Yes if over 3 inches you need JBA UCAs

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 am
Posts: 96
Sorry i meant the ome version of the lift


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:41 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Well there isn't a version with OME
BUT OME can be used and its been written up at least 1000's of times on here
but one more time
( so assuming you have a gasser)
Front
OME 927
OME front shocks 90009 ( all the same )
3/8 inch clevis
1/4 inch top plate
Teraflex bumpstops
Rear
OME 948
OME shocks making sure you get the longer ones not stock length, N132L
two upper rear isolators per side ( 4 total)
2 hockey pucks per side for bumpstops

JBA upper control arms
about will give you about 3.5-3.75 inches when fully settle in , right where you want to be I assume , right height no spring/ UCA contact
245-75-16 tires on it and done unless you are also regearing to 4.10s and going larger tires

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dubuque, IA
I would like to clairify some information and ask some questions of my own;

tommudd wrote:
two upper rear isolators per side ( 4 total)


1. You mean purchase 4 more upper rear isolators and install 2 to each side. (3 total per side, original one, plus 2 new ones)

tommudd wrote:
OME shocks making sure you get the longer ones not stock length, N132L


2. I have read that you can subsitute OME rear shocks for a stock 98-02 Durango, weights of the vehicles are similar. Cost of Durango shocks is roughly 1/3 the price. I use OME shocks on my CRD, but I am wondering if this is a option for others on a budget.

Stock 1998-2002 Durango Shock for Lifted Libertys
____________Compressed_____Extended
OME 132L:______15.5___________24.8
Durango Stock:__15.4___________24.7
Liberty Stock:____14____________21.9
(Measurements are in inches)

I do need to go to a store, measure, and verify that the mounting is correct.

tommudd wrote:
245-75-16 tires on it and done unless you are also regearing to 4.10s and going larger tires


3. If regeared to 4.10 what do you estimate the largest tire someone could use. (without much trimming/fitting, other than the pinch weld)

4. Is it nessesary to modify the brake lines at all?

For 2006-2007, I know modifications are necessary have to because of the routings in the rear.

_________________
Phil
2005 131k 3.7 Gasser (Lifted-CRD Springs, 4.10 Gears, F+R DTT, Teraflex 2wd Low, Skidrow/Mopar Skids, Rock Lizard Super Skinks, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 31x10.5-15)
2012 Triumph Tiger (TKC 80 Front Tire Heidnau K60 Rear, Crash Bars, Skid Plate, Bark Busters, Pelican Case Top Box)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:00 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
65Corvair wrote:
I would like to clairify some information and ask some questions of my own;

tommudd wrote:
two upper rear isolators per side ( 4 total)


1. You mean purchase 4 more upper rear isolators and install 2 to each side. (3 total per side, original one, plus 2 new ones)

tommudd wrote:
OME shocks making sure you get the longer ones not stock length, N132L


2. I have read that you can subsitute OME rear shocks for a stock 98-02 Durango, weights of the vehicles are similar. Cost of Durango shocks is roughly 1/3 the price. I use OME shocks on my CRD, but I am wondering if this is a option for others on a budget.

Stock 1998-2002 Durango Shock for Lifted Libertys
____________Compressed_____Extended
OME 132L:______15.5___________24.8
Durango Stock:__15.4___________24.7
Liberty Stock:____14____________21.9
(Measurements are in inches)

I do need to go to a store, measure, and verify that the mounting is correct.

tommudd wrote:
245-75-16 tires on it and done unless you are also regearing to 4.10s and going larger tires


3. If regeared to 4.10 what do you estimate the largest tire someone could use. (without much trimming/fitting, other than the pinch weld)

4. Is it nessesary to modify the brake lines at all?

For 2006-2007, I know modifications are necessary have to because of the routings in the rear.



Since you have a CRD I would highly recommend that you use only OME shocks and know that you can't lift a CRD as high as a gasser due to the front diff being over more
OME shocks last much better on a CRD than Bilsteins and other cheaper shocks do
Also you may want to think about going to the OME 790 front springs. The OME 927s are rated at 400 lb where the stock CRDs are rated at 410 . The 790s are rated at 500 lb

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dubuque, IA
I am not lifting my CRD, it is already lifted with OME components. I will be lifting my 3.7 Gasser higher than my CRD and that is why I asked the questions numbered 1-4 in my previous post. (though only one of them has a question mark at the end. :oops: )

_________________
Phil
2005 131k 3.7 Gasser (Lifted-CRD Springs, 4.10 Gears, F+R DTT, Teraflex 2wd Low, Skidrow/Mopar Skids, Rock Lizard Super Skinks, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 31x10.5-15)
2012 Triumph Tiger (TKC 80 Front Tire Heidnau K60 Rear, Crash Bars, Skid Plate, Bark Busters, Pelican Case Top Box)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:38 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 am
Posts: 96
Thabks for the info! So does the y-link extension offer any benefits.?

Ps is the 3/8th Clevis a lift on the fork of the front strut, like it needs to be adjusted to that much lift or is it a part in itself


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
RenKJ wrote:
Thabks for the info! So does the y-link extension offer any benefits.?

Ps is the 3/8th Clevis a lift on the fork of the front strut, like it needs to be adjusted to that much lift or is it a part in itself



Yes the tri link extension helps in that it puts it back into a better angle , without it more wear on the bushings and ball joint on the tri-link.
Clevis lift is moving the front shock up 3/8 of an inch up out of the clevis , JBA sells them or you can use (3) 2 inch conduit nuts available at any hardware store per side

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
65Corvair wrote:
I am not lifting my CRD, it is already lifted with OME components. I will be lifting my 3.7 Gasser higher than my CRD and that is why I asked the questions numbered 1-4 in my previous post. (though only one of them has a question mark at the end. :oops: )


Whoops sorry assumed your CRD my mistake

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:39 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
65Corvair wrote:
I would like to clairify some information and ask some questions of my own;

tommudd wrote:
two upper rear isolators per side ( 4 total)


1. You mean purchase 4 more upper rear isolators and install 2 to each side. (3 total per side, original one, plus 2 new ones)

YES TWO EXTRA PER SIDE PLUS THE ORIGINAL ONE

tommudd wrote:
OME shocks making sure you get the longer ones not stock length, N132L


2. I have read that you can subsitute OME rear shocks for a stock 98-02 Durango, weights of the vehicles are similar. Cost of Durango shocks is roughly 1/3 the price. I use OME shocks on my CRD, but I am wondering if this is a option for others on a budget.

Stock 1998-2002 Durango Shock for Lifted Libertys
____________Compressed_____Extended
OME 132L:______15.5___________24.8
Durango Stock:__15.4___________24.7
Liberty Stock:____14____________21.9
(Measurements are in inches)

I do need to go to a store, measure, and verify that the mounting is correct.

99-04 DODGE DAKOTA 4WD OR 98-2003 DURANGO PROBLEM IS ON THEM LOWEER MOUNT IS LARGER SO YOU NEED BUSHINGS JBA HAS THEM AT A REASONABLE PRICE


tommudd wrote:
245-75-16 tires on it and done unless you are also regearing to 4.10s and going larger tires


3. If regeared to 4.10 what do you estimate the largest tire someone could use. (without much trimming/fitting, other than the pinch weld)

WITH ABOVE LIFT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN 265-75-16S WHEN RE-GEARED , 245-75-16S DOES GREAT RE-GEARED AS WELL, MORE POWER ETC


4. Is it nessesary to modify the brake lines at all?

For 2006-2007, I know modifications are necessary have to because of the routings in the rear.


LATER MODELS YOU HAVE TO MAKE A BRACKET TO BRING THE LINE DOWN 2.5-3 INCHES

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:14 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Dubuque, IA
Thank you for the responses Tom.
Time to start buyin' then, :JEEPIN:

_________________
Phil
2005 131k 3.7 Gasser (Lifted-CRD Springs, 4.10 Gears, F+R DTT, Teraflex 2wd Low, Skidrow/Mopar Skids, Rock Lizard Super Skinks, Goodyear Wrangler Authority 31x10.5-15)
2012 Triumph Tiger (TKC 80 Front Tire Heidnau K60 Rear, Crash Bars, Skid Plate, Bark Busters, Pelican Case Top Box)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 100
Don't mean to hijack but this seems to be the most recent thread with anything related to my question. The instructions for the JBA Y-Link say that you will be able to adjust the angle on the pinion shaft. I have been burning out u-joints pretty much every year since I lifted. I've been told I may need to adjust my pinion angle (at least I think that's what was said). So is it possible this would fix my problem?

In another thread I read the the Y-Link might actually lift the rear more. How much more? I don't want more height unless it's enough that I could just remove one of the spring isolators to even it out again.

_________________
07 KJ OME 927/948, Bilstein shocks, JBA 1/4" plates+about 3/8" clevis, 2 extra rear isolators sitting at about 3.5" of lift with 245/75-16 Duratracs on Moabs (painted black)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
When you lift without installing the tri-link bracket it will actually be on somewhat of a bind depending on how much you have lifted
In the 2.5-3 inch range not so much as those that go 3.5 -4 inches. But we have noticed that when installing one on a 3.5 and above you do in fact gain maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch due to be bound down before
Yes you can change the pinion angle with the bracket
U-joints going every year? In 213,000 miles I replaced mine at 55,000 , then 185,000 :?:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 100
tommudd wrote:
U-joints going every year? In 213,000 miles I replaced mine at 55,000 , then 185,000 :?:


I know! I'm pretty sure I posted on here before about this. I seem to be the only one having this issue. I start to get some noise and vibration probably about 8-10K miles into a new one and it just gets worse until I finally get it looked at. Been the U joints 3 times in 4 years. It wouldn't bother me so much but it's not one of the things I know how to change myself. Haven't found a video for that either. I'm going to ask my brother-in-law to do them this time and show me how. Plus I think I'll buy the Y-Link and see if that will help fix it.

Thanks again (and again...).

_________________
07 KJ OME 927/948, Bilstein shocks, JBA 1/4" plates+about 3/8" clevis, 2 extra rear isolators sitting at about 3.5" of lift with 245/75-16 Duratracs on Moabs (painted black)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 am
Posts: 96
Thanks for all the info guys, I hqve one last question, would i be able to run just the shocks and springs from this list temporarily (a year or so) as a 2.5" lift with thr long travel shocks? Wouldn't i still need to extra bump stop length if I did this? Limiting straps?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:08 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
RenKJ wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys, I hqve one last question, would i be able to run just the shocks and springs from this list temporarily (a year or so) as a 2.5" lift with thr long travel shocks? Wouldn't i still need to extra bump stop length if I did this? Limiting straps?


Get the extended shocks for the rear , fronts are all the same of course, ( Ironman of course are longer shocks if going that way, both front and rear )
But yes you can run that way just install bumpstops

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:52 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:45 am
Posts: 96
Ty tommud!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 100
tommudd wrote:
RenKJ wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys, I hqve one last question, would i be able to run just the shocks and springs from this list temporarily (a year or so) as a 2.5" lift with thr long travel shocks? Wouldn't i still need to extra bump stop length if I did this? Limiting straps?


Get the extended shocks for the rear , fronts are all the same of course, ( Ironman of course are longer shocks if going that way, both front and rear )
But yes you can run that way just install bumpstops


It appears as though the original Bilsteins I used 4 years ago are no longer valid models. So if I decided to stick with Bilstein (to save a few bucks) I'd just be looking at the Heavy Duty Front Shock (or strut according to JBA) and then the 2.5" lift rear shocks? Based on what I'm seeing on the JBA site??? Does anyone have the correct Bilstein model numbers? I have a friend that works for an auto parts company so I might be able to save a few more bucks through him.

_________________
07 KJ OME 927/948, Bilstein shocks, JBA 1/4" plates+about 3/8" clevis, 2 extra rear isolators sitting at about 3.5" of lift with 245/75-16 Duratracs on Moabs (painted black)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tommunds econolift part numbers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:15 am
Posts: 1439
Location: Pennsylvania -> Colorado
bigjimslade wrote:

It appears as though the original Bilsteins I used 4 years ago are no longer valid models. So if I decided to stick with Bilstein (to save a few bucks) I'd just be looking at the Heavy Duty Front Shock (or strut according to JBA) and then the 2.5" lift rear shocks? Based on what I'm seeing on the JBA site??? Does anyone have the correct Bilstein model numbers? I have a friend that works for an auto parts company so I might be able to save a few more bucks through him.


I have the front heavy duty shocks. they ride smoother then you would think. I know bmxer and nam were talking part numbers last week some time, but im having difficulty finding the topic. ill report back if I find it.

_________________
2012 Jeep Liberty KK 109k miles and stong
4" lift.
Gen 5.5 A-Arms
Maxxis 31x10.50x15

ATS42rle -> Jasper for the long-term win!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com