It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: liberty crd torque converter question.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:53 pm
Posts: 145
Location: mansfield missouri
new here and I have a question about my crd. does anyone know when jeep switched to the euro torque converter. the reason I ask is I called jeep and they told me my kj never had a torque converter recall or the r37 update. mfg date is 3/2006.
tia
bob


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: liberty crd torque converter question.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:11 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 4962
Location: Green Cove Springs FL
First, Check out the CRD Love That Torque section.

Its possible that your CRD was late enough in the production run that the F37 recall wasn't needed. In any case, avoid it if possible.

I dont know when the Euro TC was introduced but it was definitely a couple years after the F37 recall.
Part number for the Euro is 68037142AA
Many also recommend using a Dodge Ram 5.7 "Hemi" torque converter

If you do wind up replacing the TC its recommended to also replace the transmission pump.

_________________
U.S. Army Retired


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: liberty crd torque converter question.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:32 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:53 pm
Posts: 145
Location: mansfield missouri
mfg 3/2006, just in time for the poor window mechanism design

found the answer to my question in the tech only section. found the tsb and the torque converter problem ended in now 2005. that's why dc told me I did not have a r37 recall.
I hope that means I have the euro torque converter.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com