Been wanting a Jeep CRD for quite some time; a very clean and well taken care of one came my way a few weeks ago. Local dealer friend called and informed me he had one that was traded in on a new ride. I traded my motorcycle in on it and bought it that day. CEL was on when I purchased it, read the code and found out is was the manifold boost/temperature sensor, replaced it right away and got rid of the CEL. Man was it mucked up with carbon and gook.
I have already disabled the EGR with a plate on the inlet pipe and removed the crankcase ventilation hose from the turbo inlet pipe. Blocking the EGR made a big difference in power already. Seems to be doing much better on fuel millage also?
A big thanks to all the posts I have read here that guided my to these modifications. Many more to come for sure.
Power Box, open up the exhaust system, and a new timing belt in the near future as funds become available.
Got a 98 Dodge Cummins tricked out with all the goodies so I know how to get there, all it takes is money$$$$
Glad to be aboard...

_________________
Supporting Vendor and Moderator of LOST05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited 
Ironman Springs/Bilstein/Shocks
Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve