It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Houston area Kj
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:13 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Spring, Texas
Hey everyone, I've been reading on here for about a year now and just now got around to making an account. I have had my kj about 2 years now and have just started to do some customizing. I mainly came here for help with choosing a lift and I now have one in the mail. (I'll post before and after pics when I get it) I take my kj offroad several times a month, a lot of mudding. I also do a bit of towing, towed a 7500 lb trailer up a boat ramp and a few miles, that was impressive. Look forward to meeting you guys and maybe meeting some guys in the area to go wheeling together! Thanks.
Here is a pic of my stock rig
Image

Updated Rig
Image

_________________
2004 KJ 4x4 Sport
OME 2 Inch Lift
15" Crager Soft 8s, 4 Inch BS
31x10.5x15 BFG AT
Hella Blackmagic Lights
Bermuda Black LED Taillights


Last edited by 2004BLKKJ on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: South Texas Kj
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
Welcome!

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: South Texas Kj
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
Howdy

nice picture but make sure you wash the undercarriage - the rear arms especially

up North they corrode out from salt used on the ice - but that surf at Padre isn't any friendlier - it will corrode the lower arms and rear suspension.

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: South Texas Kj
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:13 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Spring, Texas
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I usually use the rain water on the beach(not the salt water :S) to clean the mud off the undercarriage of the jeep before a good pressure washing. Not the best of ideas I know. OME lift kit waiting to be installed with new UCA's. :D

_________________
2004 KJ 4x4 Sport
OME 2 Inch Lift
15" Crager Soft 8s, 4 Inch BS
31x10.5x15 BFG AT
Hella Blackmagic Lights
Bermuda Black LED Taillights


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com