| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Bought it Monday, wheeled it Sunday in Oregon Coastal Range http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60936 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | JumpsInPuddles [ Mon May 30, 2011 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | Bought it Monday, wheeled it Sunday in Oregon Coastal Range |
I bought a nicely used 2006 Liberty last Monday and had to wait nearly a week to get it out on the trails. I took the kids up with a group of other jeeps to roam some of the moderate trails in the Tillamook State Forest (a coastal rain forest mountain range). It was a blast! My KJ is bone stock down to the tires so I got several double takes by the lifted crowd as I headed up the trail heads. Even had a couple tag along behind to watch the "carnage"... unfortunatley for them I was a little be of a let down... while the wranglers would shoot straight shots up the various tough spots, I got out walked it - then snaked the KJ up the hills without slipped a tire, getting a dent, banging a rock, or scrapping a tree... Left several jaws open and heard a few "well played" and "new respect for Liberties" at the end of each run. Here's a few shots I got from the ride... View from the top (between trails) ![]() View on one of the trails ![]() Walking thru a very tight spot... driver's tires flush to downed tree. passenger;''s mirror folded in or it would it hit. ![]() shot of the tree... not the scraps from someone else's mirror ![]() here's the driver's front tire ![]() this is my idea of a traffic jamb (if you must have one) ![]() shot of the group up at the end of the trail ![]() will post video, too (if I can get it off the phone and on the net) |
|
| Author: | blackwidowkj06 [ Mon May 30, 2011 11:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bought it Monday, wheeled it Sunday in Oregon Coastal Ra |
Awesome pics! Hope you get some video...
|
|
| Author: | JumpsInPuddles [ Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bought it Monday, wheeled it Sunday in Oregon Coastal Ra |
I was able to get them off the phone last night. Here's two... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4tJuSA8mk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bEikCDn0k0 |
|
| Author: | Beep Beep [ Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Bought it Monday, wheeled it Sunday in Oregon Coastal Ra |
Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you are enjoying your KJ right out of the gate! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|