| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Hello from Montgomery County, PA http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=65309 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ArcsandSparks [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hello from Montgomery County, PA |
Thought I should introduce myself, I had an '02 Kj before it was wrecked, had 165,000 miles and never replaced anything except for the brakes. (along with the regular maintenance). I bought an '07 Limited in October, it got a 1.5" lift from OME with OME shocks, Cragar Soft 8's and Liberator 245's. I replaced both headlights with Silverstar bulbs when the left side blew out. Replaced the stock muffler with a Flowmaster Super 44 after it was too rotted out to save. Now I'm looking for more to do, I'm planning to go higher but would like to know the HIGHEST I can go with NO problems. I've seen people say 2" on http://www.jeepkjcountry.com, and other people say 4". I know the Cv's will bind if I go too high, I'm just trying to avoid that. Also, can anyone give me a crash course on wiring some lights? I have everything I need, just need to find the appropriate source to "tap" into. My plans for this Kj are: - Skids (top priority) - Lockers - Hooks (top priority) - Hitch - More Lighting - Rear facing lights - Roof Rack - Fog Lights - Window Tint I'm also considering making some steel tubing "flat fenders". I've already made replacement rails for the stock plastic ones, and I'm working on a rack right now. For the hitch, I've read on jeepkjcountry IIRC that you can use a KK hitch, and just trim your rear bumper to fit, and it'll sit higher than the factory KJ one. Is this true? Thanks, Nate. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from Montgomery County, PA |
Welcome ] If you already have OME 927s just add a 3/8 inch clevis and a 1/4 inch top plate that will give you 1.25 more lift, I would also plan on JBA UCAs also at that time Highest you can go without getting into a lot of other mods for the rear two extra upper isolators will level it out At least thats the way we do them here and its worked on a bunch of them so far Yes you can run a KK hitch have to chop about 4 inches off the bottom of the bumper, I have pics if you want to see what it looks like here's after I cut the rear bumper off with stock KJ hitch ![]() heres the bumper already cut and the KJ hitch ( bumper used to come down to top pf the hitch ![]() Now here it is with the KK hitch on ![]() of course this looks much better
|
|
| Author: | ArcsandSparks [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from Montgomery County, PA |
tommudd wrote: Welcome ] If you already have OME 927s just add a 3/8 inch clevis and a 1/4 inch top plate that will give you 1.25 more lift, I would also plan on JBA UCAs also at that time Highest you can go without getting into a lot of other mods for the rear two extra upper isolators will level it out What are JBA UCA's? Also, where can I get the upper isolators, and the top plate? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from Montgomery County, PA |
Sorry jeepinbyal Upper Control Arms made for lifted KJs Upper Isolators either dealer or jeepinbyal has them along with 1/4 inch top plates have to look through his list of things but he has them Or just call him and tell him what you need Marlin, the owner is a great guy to deal with |
|
| Author: | ArcsandSparks [ Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from Montgomery County, PA |
tommudd wrote: Sorry jeepinbyal Upper Control Arms made for lifted KJs Upper Isolators either dealer or jeepinbyal has them along with 1/4 inch top plates have to look through his list of things but he has them Or just call him and tell him what you need Marlin, the owner is a great guy to deal with Thanks a ton. I'm looking into tow hooks now. Any specific place to look? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|