LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Hello. Lurker to user to comments..
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=65324
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ACRucrazy [ Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Hello. Lurker to user to comments..

Hello all. :pepper:

I've lurked on here in the past. A few times over the last few years, but frequently in the last few weeks.

I recently registered as a member and recently purchased a stock 05 CRD.

Still reading, still learning. I have read a LOT of posts and a lot of topics over the past few weeks. A lot to intake, I have a full spreadsheet of part numbers, prices, wish lists etc. Folders of pics, notes how to's. Research with a steep learning curve!

Which brings me to my next point. Forum layout. I've counted 77 (I think...) different subforums. Seventy Seven! :shock: Which makes the browsing of the 7 or less (mostly less) rather a daunting and annoying task. (Not an insult, just a comment)

On many forums I am on (and moderate) I can minimize subforums which I do not want to browse or even better I can "manage favorite forums" in my user control panel allowing "view favorite forums" which interest me, instead of scrolling through 77 to find only the few I wish to view. I can also visit the forum home page to see all the forums have to offer if I choose.

If there is a way to do anything like this, I can not seem to find it here. Care to share how to? If there is not, may I suggest adding or enabling this feature. I am sure I wouldn't be the only one who would like to use something like that. I do have the "watched forum" set up with a few that I like, now I receive several emails a day with updates. The updates are nice, but the browsing experience with 77 different subfourms leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyways, consider this post an introduction along with some constructive criticism from a new member wishing to make the best of his experience here.

Thanks! :JEEPIN:

-Chris

Author:  CIEJEK'S KJ [ Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hello. Lurker to user to comments..

i felt the same way at first then i started book marking all the forums i like to read and follow with interest, just scroll to the top of the page on the topic you want and book mark it, or subscrivbe to the intire forum

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Hello. Lurker to user to comments..

Welcome to LOST

I read everything so don't have to worry :wink:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/