| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Newbie from East and West http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=66728 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | AlGee [ Thu May 03, 2012 2:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Newbie from East and West |
Hello, I am a new KJ CRD owner who alternates between Washington, DC and Empire Colorado, the former in winter and latter in summer. My vehicle is just turning 60,000 miles and I'm doing the full newbie service. This marks my seventh diesel personal vehicle, dating back to a Mercedes 180D bought in 1964. I've done most of the maintenance on a number of them, however, both VW TDI's get farmed out for engine, front suspension work.... I'm new enough to have 'just a few basic questions' that will show everyone how much help I'm going to need and how much laughter I can generate by asking them.... such as 'what does a boost pressure solenoid filter look like and where does it live?' Never had anything but fixed waste gates before. I'll look in FAQ for info on reliable aftermarket fan clutches, if any. Well, you get the idea, when I can't even locate everything for routine maintenance yet. So, I'm very glad to be aboard. |
|
| Author: | lfhoward [ Fri May 04, 2012 8:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Newbie from East and West |
Welcome to LOST! Check out the Noob Guide for CRD owners in the CRD section. I am not a CRD owner, but I've heard enough to know it's helped a lot of folks figure out how to fix and maintain their diesel KJ. |
|
| Author: | lfhoward [ Fri May 04, 2012 8:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Newbie from East and West |
Here's the link to Sir Sam's Noob Guide: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=604519#p604519 |
|
| Author: | AlGee [ Fri May 04, 2012 11:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Newbie from East and West |
Thanks, ifhoward , for your reply. Sir Sam's newbie maintenance guide is in progress. Thanks to him and his site is how I landed here! AlGee |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|