LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

So I bought a diesel...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=69530
Page 1 of 1

Author:  CRD'syeruncle [ Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:49 pm ]
Post subject:  So I bought a diesel...

G'day, or some other such Canadiana.

I decided I wanted better then average fuel economy. I stated looking at TDI's but couldn't stand the cramped interior of the Jetta, and all it's poorly thought out controls. What else was there? My search led me to the CRD, and wouldn't you know it, there was one that had been parked in front of a mechanics shop for a couple of months. I did some research, put in an offer and bought the little beast. It definitely needs a little bit of lovin' but I am up to such tasks. I joined this forum to interact and hopefully gain some mechanical insight as to the quirks of the Jeep Liberty CRD.

JD aka CYU

Author:  user113 [ Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

Welcome to the club. Be sure to check out Sir Sam's noob guide.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

The Jeep is WAY COOLER than any TDI I've ever been in.

Author:  CRD'syeruncle [ Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

Thank you for the for the info. I have already been tackling the brakes, which have been sorely neglected. It is a northern vehicle with high Kms; it will need everything checked.

Author:  jlgail4309 [ Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

check out the Liberty CRD Love that Torque!!!CRD TECH ONLY
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

Author:  CRD'syeruncle [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

Image

Sourcing out the boost hoses, and prepping for doing the timing belt sometime in late August...

Will see about a Provent also to deal with the soot issue...

Author:  ChooChooman74 [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

CRD'syeruncle wrote:
Image

Sourcing out the boost hoses, and prepping for doing the timing belt sometime in late August...

Will see about a Provent also to deal with the soot issue...

Look into the bmw cyclonic air oil separater. Cheaper and easier to maintain than the provent. Does 98% as well in my opinion.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Author:  CRD'syeruncle [ Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So I bought a diesel...

Thanks for the info, choo. I am also drooling over a ATS DIesel Performance Triplelok TC.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/