LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Just bought an 06 CRD
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=69815
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Eric [ Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Just bought an 06 CRD

I searched online listings across Canada for a Liberty CRD. Of the 33 listings I found across Canada, I found a gem: a red 2006 with only 113,000 km (69,750 miles). Ironically it was in the town I grew up in. Even more ironically, after I called the seller I found out that he lived across the street & 3 houses down from my Dad's house - the house I grew up in. I looked at the listing pictures again & realized I could see my Dad's driveway in the background. I took it as a good sign...

So I am soon to be the proud owner of a well-maintained, very clean CRD. I have been lurking around here for a while, so I knew what to check. I read the Noob Guide a few times - thanks folks, that is an awesome resource!

It has a Green Diesel Engineering sticker on the back window, apparently from the original owner, who "upgraded the transmission" (I'm hoping for a Suncoast TC), replaced the fuel filter head, etc. The seller kept in contact with him & has offered to pass on the contact info so I can get all the upgrade details.

It drives like new & I absolutely LOVE THAT TORQUE! I have a 23 ft travel trailer that tips the scales around 4500 lb fully loaded (3300 dry). It was too heavy for my old minivan to pull any distance (even when dry), but I plan to take it all over Canada & the US with the CRD.

I plan to keep my "new" Liberty a loooong time & I hope I can count on all of you when I need help. Glad to be aboard.

Author:  lfhoward [ Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Just bought an 06 CRD

Sounds like a great find!!! Welcome to LOST, Eric. :JEEPIN:

Author:  bugnout [ Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Just bought an 06 CRD

welcome to LOST

Author:  Eric [ Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Just bought an 06 CRD

The seller received the recall notice for the rear trailing arms & he will take it in for the repair before I take posession. That will likely be the last time this Liberty EVER sees the inside of a dealership. I have been doing all my own repairs & mods since I first started driving. That's why I'm here.

By the way, I live just north of Toronto, Canada in a little place called Tottenham.

Cheers,
Eric

Author:  spitfire36o [ Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Just bought an 06 CRD

Welcome to the club. Please post a pic and get ready to open you wallet for upgrades and repairs.

Author:  mikey1273 [ Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Just bought an 06 CRD

welcome to the CRD owner club :JEEPIN: hope you love your Jeep as much I and others here do. They are unique fun and very capable vehicles that I can tell you many under estimate but they also can have some quirks that dealers and mechanics are not used to dealing with. Here there is knowlege to help over come that little problem.

your Jeep sounds like a nice find too

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/