LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Turbo remove and replace
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70742
Page 1 of 1

Author:  caseyg [ Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Turbo remove and replace

Hi folks.
just got registered. I got involved because I'm looking for some help. My turbo is shot and I'm gonna change it out. This will be my first venture into the deisel repair world. I could use all the help I can get to walk me thru the remove and replace process. what to look out for, traps to avoid all that stuff. A step by step would be awesome. I wont need any help with getting a turbo. I got one on the way,. Just had it replacesd three months ago and the new one has a bad bearing already. I was running a quart or so down on the oil which I believe is the reason for failure. HELP!! gonna start tonight.

Author:  ChooChooman74 [ Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Turbo remove and replace

Welcome to LOST! You came to the right place. I will be venturing in Turbo Removal myself this week, also.

First and foremost, we highly recommend that you get your Turbo from an authorized Garrett dealer. Garrett does not have a Turbo Rebuilding program, and there should not be a core charge on it.

I would highly recommend that you read Sir Sam's NOOB GUIDE, found in the sticky section of the CRD, Love that torque. In there, you will find lots of helpful info, including Field Service Manual and Parts Fiche. FYI, the turbo is in the Fuel Secion 014 of the parts fiche. But, the FSM has decent instructions for Turbo Removal.

There is also a few active threads on Turbos. Seems like a rash of them going lately. Sit down the night before, have a cold drink, and do some reading.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/