| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Hello from the Frozen North http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=71771 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | putnamg [ Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hello from the Frozen North |
I just acquired a 2005 Liberty CRD............looking for a CRD guru in Anchorage, Alaska area. Sorting thru the forum info slowly attempting to find the "Top Ten" of mods that will help the engine run better............ |
|
| Author: | infernicus [ Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Welcome! Have fun with your tractor! There are plenty of mods for the CRD that will keep you busy. |
|
| Author: | putnamg [ Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hello from the Frozen North..........still looking |
Still looking for the CRD shop in Anchorage. Have spent some time at the 'stealership' to my horror. Took the Liberty in for a timing belt change and it took 11 days.......they 'lost' the tools for the change. Then they lost the engine dust cover. Then they said they put the car on in the alignment shop to correct a pull to the right, but it pulled HARDER after the 'repair'. Hope there is a shop here that specializes in the care and feeding of the Liberty CRD..... |
|
| Author: | Jeeper4life [ Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Welcome! I would be worried on taking the jeep back to that dealership, thats why if possible I try to do everything myself. I just can't trust anybody these days. |
|
| Author: | putnamg [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Yep.............but I'm no mechanic, so I must find a local shop or person who knows these cars and do what needs to be done.........and then some! |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Howdy putnamg Welcome to LOST odds are overwhelming that if you want someone to maintain a CRD - you need to look in the mirror The biggest problem from day one has been lack of trained techs - and it hasn't gotten any better however LOST is the best resource on the web. start with the NOOB guide http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207 (if you're really set on paying someone else - try shops that specialize in Cummins/Sprinter - at least they have a clue about diesels, however be prepared to pay for the learning curve on a CRD) |
|
| Author: | putnamg [ Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Thanks all, I HAVE jumped in and done a few things now. Clean the air flow sensor and was I every surprised at what I found. Also, unplugged the EGR. Fuel economy went up 5mpg instantly. Today I installed an EVIC. Buggered up the headliner by cutting too big a hole! The unit works but I dont have tire pressure transducers AND the courtesy lights stay on!! Brilliant. Any clues what might be causing THAT malfunction? Great forum. Learning daily. Thanks |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from the Frozen North |
Welcome! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|