| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Broken Rocker I Think http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=72279 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | JimT [ Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Broken Rocker I Think |
I have been reading this forum since sometime after I took deliver on my 2006 Liberty CRD in april of 2006. I now have 156,000 miles on the odometer. The water pump and timing belt at 96,000 miles. While maintenance cost has been higher that I would like, I really enjoy driving the vehicle. I have used it to pull a trailer loaded with my antique TR7 to both coasts and into the mountains of Colorado. There have been some heating issues when pulling the trailer in the mountains but otherwise the CRD has generally performed well. About a week ago I was going for coffee at a local shop and about a 1/4 mile from the house the engine started making a new noise and there was an extreme loss of power. There was no check engine light. I suspect a broken rocker. I am out of town next week so I plan to get started with an evaluation when I return. Thanks to this forum, I have a lot of information on how to proceed I also bought the manuals when I bought the Jeep so I have the factory information. I plan to take my time and make the mods that will let me drive it another 150,000 miles. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broken Rocker I Think |
Howdy Jim Welcome to LOST Noob guide has some good info http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=604519#p604519 although if you post that over in CRD....Love that Torque - you'll probably get some troublehooting suggestions. and I think you can get of set of Rocker arms from England cheaper than the US suppliers. |
|
| Author: | JimT [ Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Broken Rocker I Think |
Thanks, I will start a new thread when I am ready to get started. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|