It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: CRD Owner in SoCal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:09 pm
Posts: 65
Location: San Diego
Hello!
I inherited a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD when I married my wife (great choice wife). I have grown to love it. It has its quirks (tranny likes to jolt @ 35mph shift point, CEL comes and goes seemingly for no reason) but the power and mileage I get are awesome. I just hit 94k miles and am looking into doing the timing belt myself.

So far I have
-replaced fuel filter/pump assembly (just died one morning and was leaking)
-cleaned the MAP sensor (wow the reduction in turbo lag and improved throttle response was amazing)
-changed oil in both diffs, xfer case, and engine

I get 25mpg highway @ 70mph. Is this the best I should expect without an ecotune or any mods (egr etc)?

I thought Id join this site as this is one of those cars that requires a lot of maintenance to reap the rewards and there is a ton of useful information here. And I love working on cars.

_________________
2006 CRD Stock with ORM and a clean MAP (always)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: CRD Owner in SoCal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
Howdy - welcome to LOST

read the Noob guide - lots of good info
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207

and I'm glad you like to work on cars - because most mechanics don't know CRD's exist
Dealerships are especially clueless - and they charge a lot of money to play.

for better mileage check out GDE - although you have the aerodynamics of a Box - so 65 is better than 70
http://www.greendieselengineering.com/goPage.do?method=home

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com