| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| CRD Owner in SoCal http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=76560 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | dskater411 [ Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | CRD Owner in SoCal |
Hello! I inherited a 2006 Jeep Liberty CRD when I married my wife (great choice wife). I have grown to love it. It has its quirks (tranny likes to jolt @ 35mph shift point, CEL comes and goes seemingly for no reason) but the power and mileage I get are awesome. I just hit 94k miles and am looking into doing the timing belt myself. So far I have -replaced fuel filter/pump assembly (just died one morning and was leaking) -cleaned the MAP sensor (wow the reduction in turbo lag and improved throttle response was amazing) -changed oil in both diffs, xfer case, and engine I get 25mpg highway @ 70mph. Is this the best I should expect without an ecotune or any mods (egr etc)? I thought Id join this site as this is one of those cars that requires a lot of maintenance to reap the rewards and there is a ton of useful information here. And I love working on cars. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: CRD Owner in SoCal |
Howdy - welcome to LOST read the Noob guide - lots of good info http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207 and I'm glad you like to work on cars - because most mechanics don't know CRD's exist Dealerships are especially clueless - and they charge a lot of money to play. for better mileage check out GDE - although you have the aerodynamics of a Box - so 65 is better than 70 http://www.greendieselengineering.com/goPage.do?method=home |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|