Welcome to the forum from a former resident of your great state (Dover/Durham area, family still in Sugar Hill). I had a 2000 Cherokee (the old school kind) before my Liberty. Each had its strengths, and toughness and off road competence was what the XJ had. The KK I drive now is a million times nicer on the highway, gets marginally better mileage, has more room, and basically has the same 4x4 capability (though I'm sure die-hard XJ fans would disagree). I like my Liberty better, and I lifted it 4 inches to be able to go more places. That's about the max you can go with the front independent suspension (without further modification), although Jeepin By Al has a 6 inch kit for KJ's. He has other great kits too, but stay away from cheap spacer lifts and get a good quality spring lift. As for your CB question, you can get a doorjamb mount and affix the antenna just above a tail light. The Cobra 75WXST works nicely in the cab because it doesn't eat up a lot of room.
Cheers
_________________
2008 Liberty Sport 4x4 Automatic
Jeepin By Al 4" Lift Kit
BFG KO2’s 245/75R16
Full MOPAR skid plates
Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
AtTheHelm Front Recovery System & Roof RackM116A3 Trailer build thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=77997