| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=76894 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | iampyroman [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
I've decided to join the forum to be able to discuss with poeple here. I use this forum a lot for DIY jobs. I own a 2002 Liberty for about 1 year now and I have started this summer to start to modify it. First thing I want to do is lift it to put bigger tires on it (who doesn't want it ;p)(had a great deal on Goodyear Wrangler Territory 245-75-R16 tires). I have put them on the KJ to see what would happen, I had to hammer the ''pinch weld'' or else I would have rubbing...and I am now modifing the ''inner fenders''... but it will be much better with a lift. What would be the best lift? Thanks for the answers Jessy |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
Welcome, Jessy! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
iampyroman wrote: I've decided to join the forum to be able to discuss with poeple here. I use this forum a lot for DIY jobs. I own a 2002 Liberty for about 1 year now and I have started this summer to start to modify it. First thing I want to do is lift it to put bigger tires on it (who doesn't want it ;p)(had a great deal on Goodyear Wrangler Territory 245-75-R16 tires). I have put them on the KJ to see what would happen, I had to hammer the ''pinch weld'' or else I would have rubbing...and I am now modifing the ''inner fenders''... but it will be much better with a lift. What would be the best lift? Thanks for the answers Jessy Before you start hacking away the inner fenders get a good lift 1000's of discussions on here about lifts and whats best Just stay away from spacer style lifts check out jeepinbyal who has lifts from Ironman or OME full spring lifts from 775-on up to the ultimate also www.boulderbars.com |
|
| Author: | iampyroman [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum? Thanks! Jessy |
|
| Author: | iampyroman [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
I forgot to ask, is Rock Lizard Fabrications still in businesd? And is it a good place to buy from if they are still there. Thanks! Jessy |
|
| Author: | brunolambert [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
Where are you located in quebec? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
iampyroman wrote: So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum? Thanks! Jessy On an olser KJ a spacer lift is not good at all. Springs are already sagging and needing replaced only thing is a full spring lift . There is no comparison between a spacer lift and used springs and a complete spring lift. 1000 times better. You'll see where people have tried to run a spacer lift only to swap it out in 2 or 3 months due to the ride etc Save your money and do it right the first time |
|
| Author: | iampyroman [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
brunolambert wrote: Where are you located in quebec? I was located in Alma (Lac-St-Jean) and I just moved to La Tuque (Mauricie), and you? And wich kind of Jeep do you own? Jessy |
|
| Author: | iampyroman [ Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
tommudd wrote: iampyroman wrote: So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum? Thanks! Jessy On an olser KJ a spacer lift is not good at all. Springs are already sagging and needing replaced only thing is a full spring lift . There is no comparison between a spacer lift and used springs and a complete spring lift. 1000 times better. You'll see where people have tried to run a spacer lift only to swap it out in 2 or 3 months due to the ride etc Save your money and do it right the first time Thanks for the answer Tom, I'm going to read about different complete lift to try to see what fits most my need! I'll save my money and probably lift the KJ next autumn. I'll stay with the Wrangler tires and accept a little bit of rubbing this spring and winter (may be I'll be able to do the lift before, I hope). Jessy |
|
| Author: | brunolambert [ Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum |
iampyroman wrote: brunolambert wrote: Where are you located in quebec? I was located in Alma (Lac-St-Jean) and I just moved to La Tuque (Mauricie), and you? And wich kind of Jeep do you own? Jessy I'm in Sherbrooke, have a 2008 KK. Listen to Tom, he knows what he is talking about. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|