It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm
Posts: 8
I've decided to join the forum to be able to discuss with poeple here. I use this forum a lot for DIY jobs.

I own a 2002 Liberty for about 1 year now and I have started this summer to start to modify it. First thing I want to do is lift it to put bigger tires on it (who doesn't want it ;p)(had a great deal on Goodyear Wrangler Territory 245-75-R16 tires).
I have put them on the KJ to see what would happen, I had to hammer the ''pinch weld'' or else I would have rubbing...and I am now modifing the ''inner fenders''... but it will be much better with a lift.

What would be the best lift?
Thanks for the answers

Jessy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
Welcome, Jessy!

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
iampyroman wrote:
I've decided to join the forum to be able to discuss with poeple here. I use this forum a lot for DIY jobs.

I own a 2002 Liberty for about 1 year now and I have started this summer to start to modify it. First thing I want to do is lift it to put bigger tires on it (who doesn't want it ;p)(had a great deal on Goodyear Wrangler Territory 245-75-R16 tires).
I have put them on the KJ to see what would happen, I had to hammer the ''pinch weld'' or else I would have rubbing...and I am now modifing the ''inner fenders''... but it will be much better with a lift.

What would be the best lift?
Thanks for the answers

Jessy


Before you start hacking away the inner fenders get a good lift
1000's of discussions on here about lifts and whats best
Just stay away from spacer style lifts
check out jeepinbyal who has lifts from Ironman or OME full spring lifts from 775-on up to the ultimate
also www.boulderbars.com

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:25 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm
Posts: 8
So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum?

Thanks!
Jessy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm
Posts: 8
I forgot to ask, is Rock Lizard Fabrications still in businesd?
And is it a good place to buy from if they are still there.

Thanks!
Jessy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc
Where are you located in quebec?

_________________
2008 KK Sport, Light Graystone Pearlcoat, Selec-Trac II, tow package, Firestone Destination LE2 225/75/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
iampyroman wrote:
So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum?

Thanks!
Jessy


On an olser KJ a spacer lift is not good at all. Springs are already sagging and needing replaced only thing is a full spring lift . There is no comparison between a spacer lift and used springs and a complete spring lift. 1000 times better.
You'll see where people have tried to run a spacer lift only to swap it out in 2 or 3 months due to the ride etc
Save your money and do it right the first time

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm
Posts: 8
brunolambert wrote:
Where are you located in quebec?


I was located in Alma (Lac-St-Jean) and I just moved to La Tuque (Mauricie), and you? And wich kind of Jeep do you own?

Jessy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:59 pm
Posts: 8
tommudd wrote:
iampyroman wrote:
So you are not for the Daystar lift...? I have read some good comments on those lifts... The difference between spacers lift and others lifts is that much noticeable? Are the advantages and disavantages one versus others written somewhere on the forum?

Thanks!
Jessy


On an olser KJ a spacer lift is not good at all. Springs are already sagging and needing replaced only thing is a full spring lift . There is no comparison between a spacer lift and used springs and a complete spring lift. 1000 times better.
You'll see where people have tried to run a spacer lift only to swap it out in 2 or 3 months due to the ride etc
Save your money and do it right the first time


Thanks for the answer Tom, I'm going to read about different complete lift to try to see what fits most my need! I'll save my money and probably lift the KJ next autumn. I'll stay with the Wrangler tires and accept a little bit of rubbing this spring and winter (may be I'll be able to do the lift before, I hope).

Jessy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJ owner from Quebec new on the forum
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:10 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:24 pm
Posts: 32
Location: Sherbrooke, Qc
iampyroman wrote:
brunolambert wrote:
Where are you located in quebec?


I was located in Alma (Lac-St-Jean) and I just moved to La Tuque (Mauricie), and you? And wich kind of Jeep do you own?

Jessy


I'm in Sherbrooke, have a 2008 KK. Listen to Tom, he knows what he is talking about.

_________________
2008 KK Sport, Light Graystone Pearlcoat, Selec-Trac II, tow package, Firestone Destination LE2 225/75/16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com