| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Houston area Kj http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=76977 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | 2004BLKKJ [ Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Houston area Kj |
Hey everyone, I've been reading on here for about a year now and just now got around to making an account. I have had my kj about 2 years now and have just started to do some customizing. I mainly came here for help with choosing a lift and I now have one in the mail. (I'll post before and after pics when I get it) I take my kj offroad several times a month, a lot of mudding. I also do a bit of towing, towed a 7500 lb trailer up a boat ramp and a few miles, that was impressive. Look forward to meeting you guys and maybe meeting some guys in the area to go wheeling together! Thanks. Here is a pic of my stock rig ![]() Updated Rig
|
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: South Texas Kj |
Welcome! |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: South Texas Kj |
Howdy nice picture but make sure you wash the undercarriage - the rear arms especially up North they corrode out from salt used on the ice - but that surf at Padre isn't any friendlier - it will corrode the lower arms and rear suspension. |
|
| Author: | 2004BLKKJ [ Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: South Texas Kj |
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I usually use the rain water on the beach(not the salt water :S) to clean the mud off the undercarriage of the jeep before a good pressure washing. Not the best of ideas I know. OME lift kit waiting to be installed with new UCA's. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|