| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New to jeeps. From BC. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77205 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | TheRenegade [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New to jeeps. From BC. |
Hey all, I've had my 2003 Liberty Renegade for about 7 months now. I'm loving it so far, but I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to do some work to it. Main thing I'm after right now is more ground clearance. I don't have a ton of money to spend right now, but I do have some mechanical knowledge and some tools. Right now I'm running 235 65 R16's on stock wheels. And everything else in the jeep is stock, aside from a K&N Air Filter. Any insight and ideas on what lift kits, wheel and tire combinations I should go with, and any other ideas would be much appreciated. ~Cheers, TheRenegade |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to jeeps. From BC. |
First Welcome to LOST Second , read read read and read some more tons of information on lifts Just stay away from spacer lifts, Rocky Road, Rustys and Skyjacker Go OME or Ironman both good lifts but you're going to spend at least 775-800 bucks If you don't have that now just save up and do it right stock wheels work fine or a 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing, 245-75-16 tires read on................... |
|
| Author: | Franko [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to jeeps. From BC. |
Welcome,nice to see another fellow from BC on here. Where are you located? I'm in Victoria out west. |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to jeeps. From BC. |
Welcome |
|
| Author: | TheRenegade [ Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: New to jeeps. From BC. |
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have been reading all I can so far, still hard to make a decision on what lift to get though. I'm up North. Prince George. I lived in Victoria for a while though. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|