It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New to jeeps. From BC.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 2
Hey all,

I've had my 2003 Liberty Renegade for about 7 months now. I'm loving it so far, but I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to do some work to it.

Main thing I'm after right now is more ground clearance. I don't have a ton of money to spend right now, but I do have some mechanical knowledge and some tools.
Right now I'm running 235 65 R16's on stock wheels. And everything else in the jeep is stock, aside from a K&N Air Filter. Any insight and ideas on what lift kits, wheel and tire combinations I should go with, and any other ideas would be much appreciated.


~Cheers,

TheRenegade

_________________
~Cheers,
The Renegade
2003 Liberty Renegade
Stock(For now)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New to jeeps. From BC.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
First Welcome to LOST
Second , read read read and read some more
tons of information on lifts
Just stay away from spacer lifts, Rocky Road, Rustys and Skyjacker
Go OME or Ironman both good lifts but you're going to spend at least 775-800 bucks
If you don't have that now just save up and do it right
stock wheels work fine or a 16X7 with 4 inches of backspacing, 245-75-16 tires

read on................... :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New to jeeps. From BC.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Victoria BC,Canada EH!
Welcome,nice to see another fellow from BC on here.

Where are you located? I'm in Victoria out west.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New to jeeps. From BC.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:19 pm
Posts: 523
Welcome ;)

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade, Bright Silver Metallic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New to jeeps. From BC.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 pm
Posts: 2
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I have been reading all I can so far, still hard to make a decision on what lift to get though.

I'm up North. Prince George. I lived in Victoria for a while though.

_________________
~Cheers,
The Renegade
2003 Liberty Renegade
Stock(For now)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com