| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Hello from NY! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=78660 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | rasa92re [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | Hello from NY! |
Greeting ladies and gents. I've got an 03 KJ Renegade, all stock parts. She's my first been my first vehicle and is what I have always wanted, a strong Jeep. I have had to replace the CV boot on the front drive shaft and a valve cover gasket. Recently, I've been doing my homework on tires as it is time for a change. I am leaning towards General grabber AT 2's. I am also seriously considering a minor lift as well. Thank you for the wealth of information on here. |
|
| Author: | LKWJeeper [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
Welcome from South Carolina! I've been a fan of the Grabbers they look great. As far as the lift go for a spring lift because the ride difference is noticeable. Also your springs have sagged some so it will definitely be noticeable. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | rasa92re [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
LKWJeeper wrote: Welcome from South Carolina! I've been a fan of the Grabbers they look great. As far as the lift go for a spring lift because the ride difference is noticeable. Also your springs have sagged some so it will definitely be noticeable. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm a big fan of the tires. I've seen them on a few Wranglers and like them. I have the regular road version at the moment. Can I get a spring lift that's only about an inch and a half? I read the FAQ and I know the 2.5 to 4 inch lifts are popular. I just don't want to sacrifice fuel economy as I do plenty of street and highway commuting. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | LKWJeeper [ Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
The OME advertises 1.5 but it's more than that. I have the skyjacker lift and it hasn't effected my MPGs. My steel wheels on the other hand reduced it by .5 Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
Welcome, lift will cost ya a little in mileage but tires more than anything, size/tread design etc If you do it right ie lift / tires / regear you can still have about the same as new I get 21-22 on the highway all the time at 75 plus |
|
| Author: | rasa92re [ Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
Wow, you get almost stock mileage with a 4.5" lift? I was thinking the OME 1.5" lift kit from JBA and Grabber A/T 2s. However, now I'm wondering if the slightly larger DuraTracs (245/16s) would fit and not negatively impact mileage, especially if OME would actually give me a ~2.5" lift. |
|
| Author: | LKWJeeper [ Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
You're going to lose MPGs if you go with that size. I have 245 70 16 and my mileage is the same as stock Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | rasa92re [ Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
LKWJeeper wrote: You're going to lose MPGs if you go with that size. I have 245 70 16 and my mileage is the same as stock Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk Thank you LKWJeeper for the reassurance. I went through about a dozen threads on the shift to this width. I finally found a decent deal on 245 70 16 Hercules A/T II's (my second pick). |
|
| Author: | LKWJeeper [ Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello from NY! |
Haven't heard of those but they look good! Post some pics when you get them installed. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|