It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:30 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Posts: 4
Location: NY
Greeting ladies and gents. I've got an 03 KJ Renegade, all stock parts. She's my first been my first vehicle and is what I have always wanted, a strong Jeep. I have had to replace the CV boot on the front drive shaft and a valve cover gasket. Recently, I've been doing my homework on tires as it is time for a change. I am leaning towards General grabber AT 2's. I am also seriously considering a minor lift as well. Thank you for the wealth of information on here.

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Charlotte, NC
Welcome from South Carolina!

I've been a fan of the Grabbers they look great. As far as the lift go for a spring lift because the ride difference is noticeable. Also your springs have sagged some so it will definitely be noticeable.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

_________________
2009 Jeep Liberty Sport Deep Water Blue
Skyjacker Coil Lift * 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s * 245-70-16 Cooper Discoverer HTP * Hypertech Econ Tuner * Renegade Headlights * RRO Roof Rails * Oscar Mike Decals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Posts: 4
Location: NY
LKWJeeper wrote:
Welcome from South Carolina!

I've been a fan of the Grabbers they look great. As far as the lift go for a spring lift because the ride difference is noticeable. Also your springs have sagged some so it will definitely be noticeable.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk


Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm a big fan of the tires. I've seen them on a few Wranglers and like them. I have the regular road version at the moment.

Can I get a spring lift that's only about an inch and a half? I read the FAQ and I know the 2.5 to 4 inch lifts are popular. I just don't want to sacrifice fuel economy as I do plenty of street and highway commuting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Charlotte, NC
The OME advertises 1.5 but it's more than that. I have the skyjacker lift and it hasn't effected my MPGs. My steel wheels on the other hand reduced it by .5

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

_________________
2009 Jeep Liberty Sport Deep Water Blue
Skyjacker Coil Lift * 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s * 245-70-16 Cooper Discoverer HTP * Hypertech Econ Tuner * Renegade Headlights * RRO Roof Rails * Oscar Mike Decals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Welcome, lift will cost ya a little in mileage but tires more than anything, size/tread design etc
If you do it right ie lift / tires / regear you can still have about the same as new
I get 21-22 on the highway all the time at 75 plus

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Posts: 4
Location: NY
Wow, you get almost stock mileage with a 4.5" lift?

I was thinking the OME 1.5" lift kit from JBA and Grabber A/T 2s. However, now I'm wondering if the slightly larger DuraTracs (245/16s) would fit and not negatively impact mileage, especially if OME would actually give me a ~2.5" lift.

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Charlotte, NC
You're going to lose MPGs if you go with that size. I have 245 70 16 and my mileage is the same as stock

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

_________________
2009 Jeep Liberty Sport Deep Water Blue
Skyjacker Coil Lift * 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s * 245-70-16 Cooper Discoverer HTP * Hypertech Econ Tuner * Renegade Headlights * RRO Roof Rails * Oscar Mike Decals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:37 pm
Posts: 4
Location: NY
LKWJeeper wrote:
You're going to lose MPGs if you go with that size. I have 245 70 16 and my mileage is the same as stock

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk


Thank you LKWJeeper for the reassurance. I went through about a dozen threads on the shift to this width. I finally found a decent deal on 245 70 16 Hercules A/T II's (my second pick).

_________________
Using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hello from NY!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:08 pm
Posts: 855
Location: Charlotte, NC
Haven't heard of those but they look good! Post some pics when you get them installed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

_________________
2009 Jeep Liberty Sport Deep Water Blue
Skyjacker Coil Lift * 16x8 Cragar Soft 8s * 245-70-16 Cooper Discoverer HTP * Hypertech Econ Tuner * Renegade Headlights * RRO Roof Rails * Oscar Mike Decals


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com