| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Hello everyone! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=78670 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Brazen [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hello everyone! |
Hey, I'm just starting to work on my 2009 Liberty, and am just trying to set it up so that it is as effective as possible on the trails here in Michigan. I'll be around, Mike |
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Hi what part of Michigan? |
|
| Author: | Brazen [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Upper Peninsula. I'm up in Houghton |
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Thanks for answering. I'm by Cadillac. Northern lower. |
|
| Author: | Brazen [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
No problem, yeah, I know where that is. Are there good trails in that area? On second thought, I'm going to post a bit about what I'm attempting to figure out. I'm trying to figure out a lift kit that will allow me to fit 31" tires. I'm also trying to figure out if that would require me to re-gear the transmission or what other modifications would be required. From what I've seen, with a 4" lift, the 31" tires should fit in the stock fenders. That's project number 1. Project number 2 would be finding a front and back replacement fender to get a better approach angle, like the kind sold by Rock Lizard. That's my goal, for now at least.
|
|
| Author: | Cherrie 274 [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hello everyone! |
Yes lots of trails 2 tracks and 4 wheel parks. The Jeep Blessing is coming up May 3, 2014. It's not just for Jeeps. Family orientated, nice stock mod and extreme courses and a mud pit is usually what's offered. Higher lifts bigger tires do have a lot of negatives. The biggest is to the wallet. Read the good and bad on all you mentioned. But in the end it's your money. Oh it's not the tranny that you regear, but the diff's. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Brazen wrote: No problem, yeah, I know where that is. Are there good trails in that area? On second thought, I'm going to post a bit about what I'm attempting to figure out. I'm trying to figure out a lift kit that will allow me to fit 31" tires. I'm also trying to figure out if that would require me to re-gear the transmission or what other modifications would be required. From what I've seen, with a 4" lift, the 31" tires should fit in the stock fenders. That's project number 1. Project number 2 would be finding a front and back replacement fender to get a better approach angle, like the kind sold by Rock Lizard. That's my goal, for now at least. ![]() To fit 31s you're going to need 3.5 -4 inches of lift PLUS if you do not regear the front and rear diffs it will lose power and gas mileage. Sticking with 3 inches of lift and 30 inch tires would be cheaper in the long run No one makes replacement fenders for the KK or for that matter the KJ either Aftermarket bumper yes, fenders no |
|
| Author: | Brazen [ Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Sorry, I meant bumper not fenders. My bad. With a 3" lift and 30" tires, I wouldn't have to re-gear the differentials? Would there be other modifications I would have to make? Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. |
|
| Author: | BbyINaMicrowave [ Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
This is the first post I saw on here, and I'm from Michigan, and just bought an '09 Liberty. What a coincidence. Whats the price look like for a 3" Lift? And what would be a good source to find afyermarket bumpers? (Not trying to hijack your thread) |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
Brazen wrote: Sorry, I meant bumper not fenders. My bad. With a 3" lift and 30" tires, I wouldn't have to re-gear the differentials? Would there be other modifications I would have to make? Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. 30 inch you'll be fine as far as gearing may want to look at JBA upper control arms I recommend them when you get in the 3 inch plus range |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Hello everyone! |
BbyINaMicrowave wrote: This is the first post I saw on here, and I'm from Michigan, and just bought an '09 Liberty. What a coincidence. Whats the price look like for a 3" Lift? And what would be a good source to find afyermarket bumpers? (Not trying to hijack your thread) 3 inch full spring kit you're in the 800-900 range plus if you want aftermarket UCAs then tack on 400 more . Aftermarket bumpers atthehelm and rocklizard both have them available, plus there will be a bolt on bracket to use TJ or JK bumpers on the front out soon as well Hope that helps some Lots of good info just read up Oh and the front suspension on the KK is the same as a KJ so lots of info in the KJ and KK sides |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|