| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Howdy. Noob in CO http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=78948 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Tihmed [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Howdy. Noob in CO |
Hey everyone. I am a complete novice with all of this. First forum, first post, first Jeep, first diesel. Tomorrow I go pick up my 2005 Liberty Sport CRD, it has 150k miles and shows it. But getting it for $8k total after $1200 dealer fees and taxes and everything else.. this means the CRD was too good of a deal to pass up. They are hard to find and expensive around here. I am in the Denver area. I work in aviation, and have access to free Jet fuel... so this CRD will be running on JET A. I have read the NOOB GUIDE but am on my ipad so I cannot post the image right now. I cant wait to get this thing home and have time to root around under the hood. so far... there is a crack in the bumper, the brakes seem a little sticky, the torque comes on slow at first then it takes off. there is a check engine light on..... i assume from a mod. but even if I drop a couple grand on her here soon I will still be happy with the deal. I look forward to being a part of this community. So for my first stupid question.... What does LOST stand for? |
|
| Author: | WWDiesel [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Welcome to the family! Tons of information and help on this forum if you need any just ask a question or do a search. Be sure and read Sir Sams Noob guide. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207 LOST= Liberty Owners Special Team Free Jet fuel! Hey, I want me some!
|
|
| Author: | tech57 [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Welcome and congrats on your CRD! I bought mine a year and a half ago, have put 30,000 miles on it, and find it an ideal vehicle for my needs. Follow the NOOB Guide, get the GDE Tune, and be rewarded for your effort with a great running vehicle |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Welcome! |
|
| Author: | 05infernoCRDL [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
I am also in the denver area.. And i am currently replacing my head gasket.. If you need help i have now done it all but rebuild the lower half of the engine Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk |
|
| Author: | Tihmed [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
**** I have read the NOOB GUIDE******* 4 times. (Paste big graphic here) The worst part of buying from a dealer is not knowing a detailed maintenance history. I will be calling everyone on the carfax report, trying to get documented service records. It shows where the maintenance was done, but just says, "scheduled maintenance performed". I need to find out if the TB was done. I don't want to spend over a $1000 on repetitive maintenance. I also need to find a place that will run the CEL code and clear it. Ill head to the FLPS today. The dealer told me the CEL was for "a glow plug, it has a glow plug that helps it start in the winter." I just smiled and said, "oh, really... cool." I will do the MAP cleaning today, if the rain stays away. I got her interior detailed and exterior waxed on the way home from the sale yesterday, and she is not in as rough a shape as I thought. However I also noticed a RV tow setup hidden up front, right under the bumper, so I am a little worried that the axels and CVs have a lot more miles then shown. It appears that the GDE ECO tune is $500 + $195 with a $159 refund when you return the box) Is there any reason to purchase the box as opposed to just renting it? The fuel heater head appears to be the Gen II... I am judging this due to the color of wires going to the plug.. 2 green instead of red and black. Will get a new fuel filter today also. Air cleaner is new. Judging from the oil seepage around the CCV puck and the oil dipstick I am guessing that the oil was always filled to the FULL mark. This forum is a gold mine. Thanks everyone. |
|
| Author: | WWDiesel [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Tihmed wrote: I also need to find a place that will run the CEL code and clear it. Ill head to the FLPS today. The dealer told me the CEL was for "a glow plug, it has a glow plug that helps it start in the winter." I just smiled and said, "oh, really... cool." If you have an Autozone Store in your area, they will read the codes for free. Most time you can talk them into letting you use their code reader to clear the CEL's. Record your codes and post, there are many of us on here who have the lists... They also sell an inexpensive code reader for ~39 bucks that you can read and and clear DTC's, I know, I have one and it works great for the money. |
|
| Author: | Tihmed [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Code was read and cleared... CEL was back on before I got home. Code:P1263 Something about #2 glow plug low current?? They had the WIX Fuel filter in stock. Headed out now to do MAP cleaning and Fuel filter. I will break out the macbook to post photos when I am done. They did not even have a part number for the CCV puck. Can I just clean and reinstall or do I have to go through Mopar? |
|
| Author: | Tihmed [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
MAP cleaned (it looked like all the other pics, it was the dry crud not the oily crud) and new fuel filter installed and bled. Super easy. about an hour. The hardest part was those ^%$#$& washers things they used to hold down the plastic wire shroud... they will be replaced with regular nuts (my first mod). |
|
| Author: | WWDiesel [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
Tihmed wrote: Code was read and cleared... CEL was back on before I got home. Code:P1263 Something about #2 glow plug low current?? They did not even have a part number for the CCV puck. Can I just clean and reinstall or do I have to go through Mopar? Just clean the CCV and put it aback together. Some on this forum like myself have done the elephant hose modification and removed it from the intake hose feeding the turbo and simply vented the CCV underneath the motor like some diesels are OEM from the factory. Some advocate leaving it plumbed to the intake pipe; I do not. It is dumping oil vapor into your turbo, inter-cooler, intake manifold, etc. If your EGR is still functioning, it really makes a mess of buildup in the intake. Till you get a tune, unplug the MAF and that will disable the EGR valve from dumping into the intake and mixing with the oil vapors coming from the CCV if you choose to leave it factory... As to your codes: P1260 - glow plug #1 control circuit open P1261 - glow plug #1 control circuit low P1262 - glow plug #2 control circuit open P1263 - glow plug #2 control circuit low P1264 - glow plug #3 control circuit open P1265 - glow plug #3 control circuit low P1266 - glow plug #4 control circuit open P1267 - glow plug #4 control circuit low Not sure what this is telling you, Gordi or Pap or one of the others on here may know if it is a urgent problem or can wait till next winter? |
|
| Author: | 05infernoCRDL [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Howdy. Noob in CO |
His gp has low resistance.. It is bad needs to be replaced Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|