| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Account Issues http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=79104 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | champdog [ Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Account Issues |
My account is not allowing me to PM other members. I've been trying to contact a site administrator for several weeks to no avail. If you are a site administrator or can otherwise assist, I would really appreciate it.TIA, Gary |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
You now have one post, so I think you can PM now. Don't think you can PM before you've made 1 post... |
|
| Author: | champdog [ Thu May 15, 2014 12:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
Leeann, Thank you for your response. However, no such luck! I was temporarily able to PM before. I sent 2 messages and then, when I tried to send the next one, I received an error stating something like "Cannot send message so soon after the previous one.". However, it had been at least a day since the last message was sent. Now, when I attempt to PM, I don't receive any error messages and the message appears to post but it remains in my outbox having not been sent.I would really appreciate it if you could PM a site administrator and forward my issue? Over the past several weeks, I have attempted to contact them through this forum and have also sent email directly to Administration@lostjeeps.com but have not received a response. Thanks |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Thu May 15, 2014 5:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
champdog wrote: Now, when I attempt to PM, I don't receive any error messages and the message appears to post but it remains in my outbox having not been sent. It will stay in your outbox until it is read by the recipient. No problem there, it's working as designed. |
|
| Author: | champdog [ Sun May 18, 2014 8:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
Okay, but that seems counter intuitive. One would expect a message to move to your sent folder once it's been sent. I sent you a PM just to verify. Thanks! |
|
| Author: | Leeann [ Sun May 18, 2014 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
Got it. That is how all forum software packages work. |
|
| Author: | champdog [ Sun May 18, 2014 10:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
Thanks, Leeann! |
|
| Author: | profdlp [ Sun May 18, 2014 11:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
As Leeann pointed out, Private Messages in a forum aren't really "sent". They are really just posted like any other post in a private forum which only the recipient can view. The message that gets sent out (which some members can elect not to receive) is really just a notice that there is a message waiting. You can think of the "Outbox" thing as functioning like Message Receipt would in regular email. Once it's moved to the "Sent" category you know the party on the other end has actually seen it. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Account Issues |
Just seen this, sorry you think you are having issues but as they have explained above its how it works. Like putting a letter in the mailbox, its going to sit there until the mailman picks it up. If the person never sees the message it could sit there for years Welcome to LOST by the way |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|