LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

New member-Hello.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=79161
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bryanalund [ Thu May 22, 2014 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  New member-Hello.

Hi,

I'm Bryan from Wisconsin. I currently own 3 jeeps. I bought my 2002 Grand Cherokee back in 2002 with 19k on it. It currently has 146k on it and still running good.

Within the last couple weeks I bought 2 jeep liberties. One silver gas 3.7 liter 2007 for my wife after selling her minivan. She was ok with getting rid of her minivan and is really liking the jeep. Another 2006 crd with 112k is mine.

I searched for a crd for about a month and only found 3 or 4 in the entire state. I missed a deal on an 06 with 83k on it at a dealer. They were asking $11,900. Kind of a high price, but dealers get about that. I was upset someone bought it right before I was going to take it home over the weekend for test driving. It sat on the lot for a month and right when I found it someone bought it. Ironically, right after returning home from buying my wife's gas liberty the first post on a Jeep liberty craigslist search was my crd. Long story short I got it for about half of what the dealer wanted. Everything worked out like it was meant to be.

So far I cleaned the map sensor, changed oil, and ordered a timing belt kit. Yesterday I had the 2 front windows tinted to match the back 2. Looks a lot better.

Possible additional mods for the crd:

3 or 4 inch lift?
tow hooks
Bigger tires- maybe 31 inch
samco turbo hoses

Anyone have any suggestions? I think I will need a 3 or 4 inch lift to go through the same amount of snow I went through with my Grand Cherokee. I want the Liberty crd to be comparable to the grand Cherokee in the deep snow. I go through a lot of snow when I am ice fishing, so I will probably need more ground clearance.

Thanks for all the info. This site is very helpful.

Bryan

Author:  tommudd [ Fri May 23, 2014 1:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member-Hello.

Welcome to LOST
3-4 inch lift check jeepinbyal for the adjustable coilover lift its the best there is
or
look at the OME lift with 790 springs front 948 rear with OME shocks
just remember that the CRDs are harder to lift to the 4 inch range due to the front diff sitting to the left side more than the gassers ( CV is shorter on the left side than gassers)

But either of the above lifts, along with the JBA UCAs / swap in some 4.10s and have a great rig

Author:  bryanalund [ Fri May 23, 2014 1:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New member-Hello.

Thanks for the suggestions on the 3-4 inch lifts.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/