Welcome to the forum Jeremiah.
Lots of very good information on this forum, just read some of the posts or do a search for a particular subject.
Be sure and read Sams Newbie guide at:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207As to your question about the transmission shutter and stall, it is a know issue and there are a few work-arounds.
I solved this problem last year by slightly overfilling the transmission as suggested by some others on this forum who had already figured the problem out. I trimmed about 3/8 off the dipstick also so it would go all the way into the tube and stay there (another known problem). After filling the transmission to slightly over the full marked hot while it was cold using the shortened dipstick, the shutter and lockup after just cranking it up and driving a couple hundred feet or so completely disappeared. I quickly learned to shift it into "N" to stop the shutter and stall before I learned of the overfill trick.
I learned from my good friend and local transmission specialist, the problem that causes the shutter and stall is some of the valves & bores in the the front pump assembly were worn out causing the plungers to stick.
I recently had the front pump and housing replaced with a new one along with a Transgo kit while the tranny was out to install a Suncoast TC. Since then, I have never encountered any more shutter, lockup, or engine stall after starting and driving a short distance...
WW
_________________
Supporting Vendor and Moderator of LOST05 Jeep Liberty CRD Limited 
Ironman Springs/Bilstein/Shocks
Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve