LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

I have a new project
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=80828
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ktmrider [ Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:31 pm ]
Post subject:  I have a new project

I bought a 03 Liberty Renegade for $1600. Working on the first of numerous issues...bad cylinder head. Strangly enough right under the Craigslist add for the JK was another for a set of rebuilt heads. I've gatherd up most of the parts I will need and hope to get to tearing things down this week. Make sure this thing is going to run good then I can start on the fun stuff. My name is Donny and I'm a long time XJ owner that I use at least twice a week for maitaining dirt bike trials.

Author:  lfhoward [ Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Welcome to LOST! How is the head gasket / new cylinder head project going? Best of luck with it; hope you get her back on the road soon!

Author:  ktmrider [ Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

lfhoward wrote:
Welcome to LOST! How is the head gasket / new cylinder head project going? Best of luck with it; hope you get her back on the road soon!

It runs!! Very well too. I ended up getting both heads from Cylinder Heads International. New gasket set, new chains and guides (the only real surprise expense, not cheap) water pump, belt and hoses. There was already a new radiator, although the mounts were missing and they just laid the evaporator core in front wo bolting it down. So got all that fixed and the fuel rail leaked really bad. Got an o-ring kit to fix that and there was a bad TPS. Not bad overall. This was a repo and had set up for over a year so I serviced the transmission and both axles. Still need to do the transfer case. Everything works inside except the cruise and there is an airbag light on. Going to Jeep next week to get those looked at and a recall hitch installed. Drives great with no odd noises going on. The only real problem I have left is the driver seat is kind of jacked up and its looking like getting a used Renegade seat is not going to be easy. So I am about $3500 into it total and I'm pretty happy.
Now the fun part..lift kit and tires on the way.

Author:  lfhoward [ Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Nice work there! Congrats on making her into a good reliable Jeep again. :JEEPIN:

Author:  ktmrider [ Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Got the JBA lift kit in and started on it. Got the right side in last night. Not that bad except the strut. Man any easier was to shoehorn that thing in before I start on the left side?

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

ktmrider wrote:
Got the JBA lift kit in and started on it. Got the right side in last night. Not that bad except the strut. Man any easier was to shoehorn that thing in before I start on the left side?

answered over on JeepKJ :wink:

Author:  ktmrider [ Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Lift kit installed...My new daily driver coming around.

Author:  ktmrider [ Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Image

Image

Author:  ktmrider [ Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: I have a new project

Regeared with 4.10's and DTT's installed. I really like my new project.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/